• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best selling premium blended scotch review

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Johnnie Walker Black Label is said to be the best selling premium blended scotch in the world. Sold in over 120 countries and is one of the official suppliers of whisky to the English Royal Family. Johnnie Walker Black Label is 80 proof and all the whiskies in the blend are at least 12 years old. Approx $30-35 a bottle.

Johnnie%20Walker%20Black%20Label%2012.JPG

Today's plans were pretty much shot because of the snow so I decided to make some venison chili in the slow cooker. After cleaning both of my driveways and helping out my 85 yo neighbor it was time to go in and do some serious relaxing. The chili came out fairly well and afterwards I watched Syracuse whup up on ND. Smoke of the day was a Puros Indios Presidente Maduro a very nice smoke for the price as I'm sure many of you know. I was now in the mood for the review.

What can be said about Johnnie Walker Black that you wouldn't know? Not a thing. It is this consistency that made it what it is. 40 different whiskeys all aged for at least 12 years combine to form this classic. The Island and Islay malts provide the spice while malts from Speyside bring in a a smokey malt richness. As always, the taste of Cardhu provides the main flavor that everything else rests upon. The nose is full and rich with peat and for me, something that reminds me of apples but really isn't an apple smell. The taste is deep and silky and the peaty flavors seem to build until they reach a plateau where magically the flavor of vanilla comes to mind.

In the world of blended whiskies, Black Label is the King. While there are better and more expensive brands available none have maintained the consistency for so long. This is truly a scotch that can be enjoyed anytime and not leave you thinking about what else you could or should have had. A must for every bar.

P.S. Please vote for the next review after you read this.

Yep! and Chivas 12 is also wonderful too! :D :thumbs: