• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first Perfecxion No.5

Breedy

Busted
This is my first review and my first experience with an Opus.

Setting: Back patio with wife at a bachelorette party and daughter staying with mother. I was out earlier with friends for a birthday listening to bad Karaoke with no chance to smoke the Punch I took with me. Got home and decide what the heck, its time.

Accompaniment: Siberian Night Russian Imperial Stout by Thirsty Dog
“Jim” the faithful cricket who often sits with my by the fire

Pre-light: Smooth vein free wrapper, excellent smell and a near perfect pre-light draw

Smoking: I was immediately overwhelmed by the generous amounts of white smoke and the amazing draw that this cigar was giving. After a few puffs, however, I must admit the cigar was not quite on the level with what I expected. After the first inch that all changed. The firs inch or so was very mellow and to me did not seem to develop much in the way of spice, but did give off a nice aroma. Once I got into it though, I was greeted with certain spice that is hard to describe, perhaps fresh ground pepper with a hint of woodiness. That spice continued through out picking up some as I neared the half way point. It then seemed to level out and provide the most unique smoking experience I have enjoyed. Smoked to the nub with burnt mustache hairs to prove it.

Conclusion: My first thoughts were this would be a special night for me, ah freedom. The first inch had me questioning the hype, but the rest of the cigar pushed all doubts from my mind. Far and away the best cigar I have smoked to this point in very short smoking life. Total burn time was approximately 55 minutes with no touch ups and very nice burn. I was struck by the easy of draw and the copious amounts of smoke.

Closing: Being a lowly civil servant with a wife and a daughter it is not often that I treat myself to the more extravagant things, which probably explains my love of Sancho Panza, but this was worth every cent. I am sure that there are better cigars out there and hopeful I will get to smoke them as well, but to this point and to this newbie the name Perfecxion No.5 is truly correct

Brandon

Nice review! I would agree that the first bit of these little fellas does leave you doubting, but they definately make up for it in a short time. Again I liked this review.

Jim

Very nice review! For such a small cigar, I'm amazed at how strong they are and how long these suckers last for.

Nice review. My second favorite size Opus (#4 is my favorite). :thumbs:

I really think the smaller ring gauge Opus intensify the spiciness and flavors more than the larger ring gauge Opus.

Opus seem to get increasingly better with down time. On the other hand, I've never had the #5... but there is one resting nicely in my humi!

Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

mac