• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Man O' War

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
So I see these cigars on Cigar Bid:

Introducing, Man O’ War, a beautiful new handmade carefully crafted by AJ Fernandez in Nicaragua. Born in Cuba and trained by none other than Alejandro Robaina, AJ is quickly becoming one of the industry’s top boutique cigar makers. His factory, Tabacalera Fernandez, is home to such top brands as ITC 10th Anniversary, RP Fusion, RP Double Maduro, Padilla Habano, and this little number...Man O’ War.

Further description on CI: Linky

Cigar Cyclopedia mentioned these a few weeks back as well-- regarding the same name as the famous race horse. I don't think that's what the manufacturers were going for however, judging by the Corinthian/Greek helmet on the bands.

Anyway, I figured they were worth a shot, so I got a 5 pack of the torpedos.

Does anyone here have any experience with these cigars? They look nice, and I'm kind of excited.

Thanks,
Barry

I am very interested in what you think about them. When I heard about them a month or so ago, one review compared them to an Opus !!!

I was shocked (and at half the MSRP)... Could be interesting.

Yeah, I got an e-mail offer from Cigar.com this morning. I did a search here and came up empty. I would be interested in hearing what you thought about them as well.

Keep us posted.... :thumbs:

As long as it is not as cheesy as the 80s Metal by the same Title, you should be good.

Thought for a second this was a post about Curlin running today. My bad...

Is there any update on this one? Has anyone had the opportunity to give these a try? I saw these in the catalog a few weeks ago and was also interested. At that price, with those claims, I don't think there's much to lose.

i had one a while ago, the toro size. don't remember too much, but i know i liked it. i would like to try the smaller sizes though, like the corona.

Is there any update on this one?

My devil's site order shipped on Thursday. Hopefully it will arrive sometime this upcoming week. After that I'll give it a couple weeks in the humi to stabilize. I'll give it a proper review sometime after that (1st week of Augustish?) unless any of you more experienced folks beat me to it. Maybe I'll do a review of a more common smoke first just to get my feet wet.

i had one a while ago, the toro size. don't remember too much, but i know i liked it.

Glad you enjoyed it... hearing other CPers liking a new smoke never hurts. I'm still pretty excited about this one.

Barry

I keep stumbling across these Man O War sticks, and Cigar.com sent me an email advertising a one day deal for Sampler at $59.95:

Sampler Includes 20 Man O' War Cigars
4 x Man O' War Double Corona (7.5 x 52)
4 x Man O' War Toro (6.5 x 52)
4 x Man O' War Torpedo (6.1 x 54)
4 x Man O' War Robusto (5 x 50)
4 x Man O' War Corona (6 x 44)

Can't seem to find any reviews. Anyone interested in a split of this sampler with me ? I am not an RP fan, so if these have a taste trending toward RP's I don't want to get stuck with them. Deal ends tomorrow, so if anyone is interetst PM me.

CParker

Amateurafficianado and I are in for this sampler. So its a go if anyone else want to take part.

Cparker

I'll get in on it too, if you are still looking for another... I've really been wanting to try these out.

I was gifted one a while back by Beatnik.

I had it
It seemed a little strong. My thoughts were that if I had some to lay down in the humi for a while they might just be pretty OK.

Not a bad price. I probably will order a box in a couple months when it cools off

My order got in a few weeks ago-- only 4 days to come over the pond! I'm letting the sticks sit in the humi... newbie review on these guys will happen sometime soon, unless someone beats me to it.

Barry