• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Uh oh...

It could be bad for the future. But, I think I read somewhere that this is the start of the growing season, so there may be some time left for the harvest. Luckily, they were able to evacuate most people out of the way of the storm :thumbs:

Edited to add:
Cuban TV reports that over 12,000 residents of Pinar del Rio are being evacuated Friday night. The tobacco harvest has been moved to safe locations and the population is doing the best it can to secure the roofs of their home-palm thatched roofs are being tied down with rope in the hope of preventing them from being blown out.

And I though being involved in a direct hit last week when I was in Cuba by hurricaine Fay was bad. This one was brutal!

There wasn't any tobacco on the ground and I've heard that some curing buildings were hit but the tobacco should be recoverable.

A little more on Gustav's damage, FYI... :(

"http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1242/27/"

Regards,

BT

Edited to try to fix link... Sorry for cut n' paste...

Linky Fixed

And Ike looks like it could devastate the Island. Tobacco harvest aside, let's hope the impact to the Cuban people is minimal.

Edited to add - Thanks for the link BT.