• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acid Blondie

elderboy02

First of all, my cousin dared me to try this cigar and I took the dare. Now, onto the review:

Date: 10/30/08

Cigar: Acid Blondie (4 x 38)

Cost: $3.50

Drink: Sierra Mist

Appearance: 2 banded cigar that says "ACID" on the top band with a blue background. The bottom band has a black background and says "BLONDIE". The wapper was smooth with no major veins showing.

gallery_8805_900_23055.jpg

Pre-light: This has a horrible smell to it. It reminds me of flowers and Vic's Vapor Rub. :( I never want to smell this cigar again! Putting the cigar to my lips makes my lips extremely sweet.

Taste of the cigar: This cigar was extremely sweet. I could only smoke 0.5" of it.

Construction: The draw was perfect.

Summary: This cigar was horrible. I would NEVER buy this again. I still have that terrible smell in my mind. Between the horrible smell, and the extremely sweet taste, this is terrible. I give this a 1/10.

I smoked a few of these when I first got started in this hobby but now whenever I even see a picture of an Acid I get grossed out thinking about the taste.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I did the same review a couple of years ago and had the same experience. The smell gave me an instant headache. I could only smoke 0.5", and it was like grandma's perfume spilled in the humi. I may actually prefer to chew on broken glass than smoke that cigar again! Brave man you are.

The words "duh" and "no shit" come to mind... :D :D

You're a brave man!

And now for the dissenting opinion... :whistling:

I agree that I would hardly ever go to a Blondie when I just wanted a cigar, BUT, I've found them to be the perfect yard-gar. When I'm outside sweating with grass clippings in my face, it's just about the only thing that can punch through the scent of chlorophyll. Kind of like chewing candy and having a cigar at the same time. :D

So to each his own. Every cigar has its place, and in my life, the yard is the place I've assigned the Blondie.

First of all, my cousin dared me to try this cigar and I took the dare. Now, onto the review:

Date: 10/30/08

Cigar: Acid Blondie (4 x 38)

Cost: $3.50

Drink: Sierra Mist

Appearance: 2 banded cigar that says "ACID" on the top band with a blue background. The bottom band has a black background and says "BLONDIE". The wapper was smooth with no major veins showing.

gallery_8805_900_23055.jpg

Pre-light: This has a horrible smell to it. It reminds me of flowers and Vic's Vapor Rub. :( I never want to smell this cigar again! Putting the cigar to my lips makes my lips extremely sweet.

Taste of the cigar: This cigar was extremely sweet. I could only smoke 0.5" of it.

Construction: The draw was perfect.

Summary: This cigar was horrible. I would NEVER buy this again. I still have that terrible smell in my mind. Between the horrible smell, and the extremely sweet taste, this is terrible. I give this a 1/10.

So are you going to join my vigilante militia that has sworn violence against the makers of ACID cigars? :whistling:

I know this is an old review......but I had a Blondie today, lol. Very bad :\

The smoke got hot not even half way through, sickening sweet and burned a little uneven. As the OP said, the only good thing about it was the draw.

I know this is an old review......but I had a Blondie today, lol. Very bad :\

The smoke got hot not even half way through, sickening sweet and burned a little uneven. As the OP said, the only good thing about it was the draw.

Did you get the Vic's Vapor Rub smell also? :laugh:

It's a great thing to see a group of guys feeling the same way I felt smoking one of these. I also couldn't get through more than .5" of it. Like a perfumey smell, just awful menthol mixed with Chai Tea or something like that. Ugh. Reminds me of clove cigarettes too which I have always hated, but even more artifical.

Are all Acid cigars this bad? The Blondie is the only one I've tried, and I have a Kuba Kuba sitting around that I am afraid to ever touch to my lips. I'll be buying no more unless someone here feels the need to stand up for any of the assorted flavors...

It's a great thing to see a group of guys feeling the same way I felt smoking one of these. I also couldn't get through more than .5" of it. Like a perfumey smell, just awful menthol mixed with Chai Tea or something like that. Ugh. Reminds me of clove cigarettes too which I have always hated, but even more artifical.

Are all Acid cigars this bad? The Blondie is the only one I've tried, and I have a Kuba Kuba sitting around that I am afraid to ever touch to my lips. I'll be buying no more unless someone here feels the need to stand up for any of the assorted flavors...

If I'm not mistaken, all the Acids are infused. Now Drew Estates (maker of Acid) does have some other fabulous cigars out that aren't infused. Namely the Liga Privada line.

I'll have to give the Liga a try some time. I've tried the Tabak Especial, which are like eating a candy bar. Very delicious, almost to the point where they range outside of the realm of being a cigar. But that's only taste, they barely burn and have almost no draw. Way too moist or something. I know very little about aging and managing moisture content so far, so I don't know what I should have done to get a better draw. I just want to chew on them.

It's the Acid that have that clove, chai, menthol, jasmine type disgusting tastes, and I just won't even bother to see if they're all like that. It's like hitting yourself with 20 different hammers to make sure they all can crack your skull. Who likes these and why do they make them?