• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hypothetical Cuba Vacations

verhoevc

Banned
So, I was wondering, for those that have taken make-believe hypothetical vacations to Cuba. I was wondering how ya'll went about hypothetically booking, where you hypothetically went, how much it hypothetically cost, etc.
Any hypothetical details would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Our Canadian brothers go all the time. If I'm not mistaken there are several threads out there.

So, I was wondering, for those that have taken make-believe hypothetical vacations to Cuba. I was wondering how ya'll went about hypothetically booking, where you hypothetically went, how much it hypothetically cost, etc.
Thanks,
Chris

My vacation was real. http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...c=46099&hl= :whistling:

There were quite a few hypothetical Americans down there as well. I think hypothetically they flew out of Toronto, Calgary, or Cancun.

Thanks,
Chris

My vacation was real. http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...c=46099&hl= :whistling:

There were quite a few hypothetical Americans down there as well. I think hypothetically they flew out of Toronto, Calgary, or Cancun.

Jamaica too, hypothetically speaking!

I guess you can hypothetically fly into the Dominican Republic and then book yourself a hypothetical trip to Cuba using the exchange rate, hypothetically, of course.

Hypothetically speaking, how do you then explain the Cuban stamp in your passport?

Hypothetically speaking, if I were a hypothetical ICE agent, I would be taking a big interest in this thread, hypothetically speaking, of course... :whistling:

Thanks,
Chris

Jamaica too, hypothetically speaking!

Or Nassau, again, hypothetically.

In this dream of yours, are you planning to go to Havana, the beach, or both?

Hypothetically, when in Nassau, pick me up a bottle of that hypothetical Hennessy Pure White, please and thanks.

I remember some U.S. Americans getting their collective teet in a wringer a couple of years ago because of this. They were leaving out of Canada and heading to Cuba. Back then you didn't need to show a passport to get back into the US if you came across the US/Canadian border over land. Now you do and the agents are going to wonder what that big Cuba stamp is doing on your passport. Back then I don't think it was a big deal because these people didn't have to show their passports to any US officials. That has changed and you would probably get in big trouble, hypothetically.

Now i have heard that if you put jackson in your passport that the stamp some how dissappears. but this is a mythical experiance and its hard to put a man in a passport

I remember some U.S. Americans getting their collective teet in a wringer a couple of years ago because of this. They were leaving out of Canada and heading to Cuba. Back then you didn't need to show a passport to get back into the US if you came across the US/Canadian border over land. Now you do and the agents are going to wonder what that big Cuba stamp is doing on your passport. Back then I don't think it was a big deal because these people didn't have to show their passports to any US officials. That has changed and you would probably get in big trouble, hypothetically.

Moe hit the nail on the head. Before you had to show your passport coming back to the US from the north and south, simply going to one of those countries and flying to Cuba was a hypothetical option. Now, however, not a hypothetical option because you have to show your passport, you also have to write down where you've been and the customs official asks. If they were to look at your last couple stamps (which most do), your hypothetical trip to Cuba would come with a nice hypothetical fine, more so than those hypothetical cigars and rum cost while you were down there! You can find pictures on the web! I suggest doing a hypothetical vacation there. Besides, IMHO, what happens if you got sick or something happened down there?

Or you start looking for a paddle, 'cause you're most certainly up a creek!

Hypothetically, when you enter Cuba your passport is NOT stamped regardless of what nationality you are. You hypothetically receive a "tourist card" on the plane on your way down and this is stamped, and kept in your passport for when you leave the country and hypothetically pay the 20CUC fee (per person) to have the privilege of leaving the country.

Obviously this is so that me, as a hypothetical Canadian, will not have issues when I decide to hypothetically enter the USA.

edit: I have never had my passport stamped except when entering England from France (or maybe it was the other way around) and when entering the USA on a 3 month work visa.

Moe hit the nail on the head. Before you had to show your passport coming back to the US from the north and south, simply going to one of those countries and flying to Cuba was a hypothetical option. Now, however, not a hypothetical option because you have to show your passport, you also have to write down where you've been and the customs official asks. If they were to look at your last couple stamps (which most do), your hypothetical trip to Cuba would come with a nice hypothetical fine, more so than those hypothetical cigars and rum cost while you were down there! You can find pictures on the web! I suggest doing a hypothetical vacation there. Besides, IMHO, what happens if you got sick or something happened down there?

Haven't you heard from Michael Moore, Cuba has the best health system in the world. :sign:

That really is a great question. I am not sure if being American that you would qualify for travellers insurance. Because you would be booking through a non-US company for flights and accomodations, I am sure they have some sort of option available. I am pretty sure that companies who provide travel service to Americans are not breaking any laws that would apply to them...provided they are not located in the USA.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were a hypothetical ICE agent, I would be taking a big interest in this thread, hypothetically speaking, of course... :whistling:

Classic!

Anyway, fly into Cancun and take a vacation there for a week, then take one of those little crappy planes over to Cuba, they don't take credit cards or often stamp passports anyway, and you are allowed to go as long as the English chick you hooked up with in Cancun pays for everything. You're just freeloading. Too bad that bitch left you and changed her number after having a big argument about her sister when you landed in Cancun. If they can find her, maybe they can tell her you still love her.

Classic!

Anyway, fly into Cancun and take a vacation there for a week, then take one of those little crappy planes over to Cuba, they don't take credit cards or often stamp passports anyway, and you are allowed to go as long as the English chick you hooked up with in Cancun pays for everything. You're just freeloading. Too bad that bitch left you and changed her number after having a big argument about her sister when you landed in Cancun. If they can find her, maybe they can tell her you still love her.

Hypothetically speaking, right? :laugh:

So, what I'm hypothetically gathering from this hypothetical thread on hypothetically visiting Cuba, you can hypothetically get in trouble or hypothetically not get in trouble based on a hypothetical Cuban passport stamp that may hypothetically be put on your hypothetical passport..... hypothetically.