• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A slimmer verison of CP

Breedy

Busted
'Tis the season for losing those holiday pounds. Steamboat brought up his quest to lose a hundred pounds and others, myself included have chimed in. So here is the deal, I thought about a contest but decided against it; as winning cigars should not be the reason someone attempts to lose weight.

You might be saying to yourself "Self, what can I win?" If thats what your thinking, then this isn't for you. I purpose an informal group, Fat Ass Anonymous. The members well be able to support each, share tips, stories, recipes, failings, gripes, etc...

I am not a Doctor or Personel Trainer. I have no magic pills or formula, I am just trying to organize a group of BOTL to help support one another in a good cause. I believe that having other people to be accountable too makes things like this easier. Also I have found that a little good natured competition goes far as well.

Body Fat Calculator: Not as accurate as fat calipers, but easier to do at home.

As far as pictures and posting, thats a personal choice. If you believe it will help then go for it. If you don't feel comfortable then don't. Some people may not feel comfortable posting everything in public and thats fine too. A lot of the day to day things can be handled through PM's. The thread would be for recipes, tips and to be toot your own horn.

So, thats the short of it. If your interested PM me, let me know what your looking to get out of this. Again, I am not a Doctor of a Trainer. I am just a guy who has lost weight and gained it back a couple times. :blush:

I'm down!

~22% @ 320 .... time to lose some lbs!

So are we using this as the thread to track our progress? ???

Edit to add.

I've probably gained about 35-40 lbs. in the year since moving here to NY from Miami. I can definitely drop a few, as well. I'm in!

I'm in....I will weigh in tomorrow and report the details.

As someone who has always battled with weight but remained fit ( ran two half-marathons this summer while 25 lbs overweight) .I believe I have something to offer also.

FAA....FTW...

Frank

this is amusing. Im am a fairly in shape person ( no offense guys). Just for giggles i plugged in my measurements. And it still recommended me a diet, and i am at 15% body fat. This is great what you are doing tho guys. Being healthy is one of the best things you can do for self. I wish you all the best of luck.

My Wii Fit tells me that I'm obese. My BMI is around 28-29.

Keep in mind that BMI does not take into account Muscle Mass.

I might be in on this. If I can make my way down to the elevator in town to get weighed, I'll join in!

quoted:

Body Mass Index (BMI): an index used to estimate ones body fat.

BMI indicates your health risks by comparing your height and weight. Males with a BMI above 27.8 are considered overweight. Males with a BMI less than 20.7 are classified as underweight.

The BMI with actual measurements gave me a ~22% BMI, don't know why....but that seems way too low. Plugging into a Height/ Weight only chart says I'm 41% ... ??? I've always gotten different readings off of these things, and never considered them truly accurate. Rather, I will be using my blood pressure, heart rate, and overall all weight to determine my fitness and where I want to be.

I've participated in BMI studies before that do account for muscle mass by using some ridiculous formulas to compare your weight to pushups, situps, pullups, running times, etc. But I'm not sure if they have one online you can use to just plug in all the info.

Regardless, I types up a memo to myself that will have me weigh-in every three days, and set a 15lb per month goal to lose initially, obviously it will go down over time as there will be less to lose. The way I have it spaced out, I should reach my goal weight by early/ late June. My goal is to be there AT LEAST by August so that I don't waddle across the stage at graduation.

20.69% woo-hoo! chubby bastard!!

Looks like you're underweight! :0

In June of 2008 I weighed in at 255 lbs (I'm 6'4" tall) I started running weekly and am now down to 235lbs. The winter weather/early darkness has reduced the number of days I run now but my goal is to drop another 15lbs (20 max). Count me in and we'll see how it goes.

Danny

pm sent! I weigh 286 lbs. I am 6'4" and have started going to the gym everyday since 12/28. I also cut our all fast food for two months and am only drinking water...no soda at all!

I didn't get a chance to measure my forearms and wrist so I just guessed and my BFP is 16.84%

pm sent! I weigh 286 lbs. I am 6'4" and have started going to the gym everyday since 12/28. I also cut our all fast food for two months and am only drinking water...no soda at all!

I didn't get a chance to measure my forearms and wrist so I just guessed and my BFP is 16.84%

I think the calculator states that measuring forearms, wrists, and hips are only for the females :whistling:

I think the calculator states that measuring forearms, wrists, and hips are only for the females :whistling:

damn it! I thought I was for sure getting bonus points for having skinny wrists!

damn it! I thought I was for sure getting bonus points for having skinny wrists!

Mine didn't change regardless of whether I put them in or not.

I don't think the calculator is very accurate, I'm more than 22, probably closer to 30. My perfect weight, was 235 when I was 22. That was 9% body fat. So at 235, there was roughly 20lbs of fat and 210 lean mass. At 310, that would be 100lbs of fat on 210 lean mass.

God, 100lbs of fat. Granted I'd be happy with about 50, or 19% but I think I can get down to 15% if I try.

I will get in this one with you guys. I am always struggling with motivation to stay in shape so this seems like as good of a reason as any!

Since this was proposed by my dear friend, Breedy, I will up the stakes with him:

1) Choose a 10k race anywhere in Ohio that has a date in or after May of 2009;
2) Register for the race and let me know and I will register also;
3) Train for the race accordingly;
4) Run the race.

If you beat me to the finish in a 10k then I will light up and smoke an ACID kuba kuba. You can then post those pictures as proof of your victory. Regardless of who wins, we will both have committed to a training program and won the health benefits.

(By the way, I am an experienced runner (3 marathons) but I am in the Clydesdale division (men 200+ pounds) and I am NOT fast).

What say you?

20.69% woo-hoo! chubby bastard!!

Looks like you're underweight! :0

My BMI is 29

that 20% is this Body Fat Calculator result

I assure you, being the #1 consumer of Heineken in the 5 boroughs of NYC, I'm not underweight ;)

Okay, I'm in, 32% body fat 32% Heineken and 36% other stuff, my wife usually calls shit. ouch...a little over 325lbs. Another heineken champ here!

Rich

I will get in this one with you guys. I am always struggling with motivation to stay in shape so this seems like as good of a reason as any!

Since this was proposed by my dear friend, Breedy, I will up the stakes with him:

1) Choose a 10k race anywhere in Ohio that has a date in or after May of 2009;
2) Register for the race and let me know and I will register also;
3) Train for the race accordingly;
4) Run the race.

If you beat me to the finish in a 10k then I will light up and smoke an ACID kuba kuba. You can then post those pictures as proof of your victory. Regardless of who wins, we will both have committed to a training program and won the health benefits.

(By the way, I am an experienced runner (3 marathons) but I am in the Clydesdale division (men 200+ pounds) and I am NOT fast).

What say you?

You motor boating son of a bitch... Oh its on... Soul Dog, feel free to fly to Ohio if you want a piece of this action..