• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Untold Story Maduro review

moki

el Presidente
af_hemingway_untold_story_m.jpg

This Arturo Fuente Hemingway Untold Story Maduro is a large cigar. Dauntingly large. This-could-be-a-dildo-if-it-was-thicker large. It's also wonderfully wrapped in a nice rich maduro wrapper that's perfectly constructed, and tapers down to an easily light-able nib that I love oh so much.

I was stuck at home, waiting for a package to be delivered, and also being in a car accident yesterday, without transportation. So I made myself a nice cappuccino, pulled up a chair, and sparked this bad boy up. It lit evenly and quickly... first puff is always a little tentative, because you don't know if you're in for heaven or hell when a cigar is new to you.

Ahhhh... very nice. This is one impressive cigar. It's confident; it doesn't need to hit you over the head with its remarkable flavors. I admit, I was worried that with a cigar this size, it'd be hard to get down, but wow. I'm utterly impressed. What's more, this cigar *knows* it is good. Nothing is rushed or forced on you, but rather you're rewarded each draw with a complex melody of flavors.

And what flavors they are. It's like a cup of Turkish coffee, with delicious burnt coffee undertones, and a sweet, nutty aftertaste. Throw in a dash of carmel, and a hint of thigh-rubbed Moroccan cardamom that's been hand-picked by vestal virgins wearing nothing but their veils. Ahem. Sorry... but you get the idea.

This Untold Story uses metaphor and allusion to tell its story. About halfway through (45 minutes), it started revealing hints of spice... just enough to pique your interest, and tease you into another puff. It burned straight and true, with a grey-ish colored ash. To my surprise, it was an easy draw from the start, despite being a rather large smoke.

This cigar presents a problem for me. I really, really like it. If I had a choice between this an a Padrón 1964 (or even 1926) Maduro, it'd be a crap-shoot; the one I'd pick would depend entirely on my mood. Why is this a problem?

It's a problem because this cigar is released only once a year, and thus is incredibly hard to get and expensive. My suggestion to you is that you do whatever it takes to try one of these smokes at least once. Yum.

Excellent review and I agree whole heartedly with your observation how this cigar doesn't rush itself - it knows it is good and smokes accordingly.

Great review!

Sam

SamGuss said:
Excellent review and I agree whole heartedly with your observation how this cigar doesn't rush itself - it knows it is good and smokes accordingly.
Yeah it's a terrific smoke. I'm totally impressed. Kudos to the folks who recommended this cigar to me from the Hemingway line...

Very good review. The Moroccan virgins? Ha. Nice touch (no pun intended).

Do you take the pics of the cigars with the quarter or do you find those somewhere? It's a good addition to the reviews.

vewyphishy said:
Very good review. The Moroccan virgins? Ha. Nice touch (no pun intended).

Do you take the pics of the cigars with the quarter or do you find those somewhere? It's a good addition to the reviews.
Yeah, I just put the cigar and a quarter on the flip side of some b/w prints that I have here and snap a picture with my digital camera before I smoke it.

PS Hands off my virgins!!

Back