• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So. Cal Desert Herf - April 18 -Done!

DesertRat

Perpetual Newbie
Ok, I moved this to a new thread since the other one had no details and a lot of responses to wade through.

The High Desert Herf is on! (assuming someone shows up :))

When: 5:30pm April 18, 2009

Where: Foxy's Steakhouse - 46645 60th Street West Lancaster, CA 93536 (661) 948-7047
Click here for map and directions - Foxy's Steakhouse

What: Romeo Y Julieta will have a representative on hand
Possibility of belly dancers but no confirmation as of yet
Prime rib dinner special (includes glass of beer/wine and a cigar)
Outdoor dining/herfing on the patio (heated if the weather is cool)

What to do in the area?

Since this is not a short hop for most people I would suggest making it a full day trip and bring the spouse or sig-ot. Some of the local things to see and do are;

1. The Blackbird Air Park is an annex of the Air Force Flight Test Center Museum at Edwards Air Force Base, offers a look at the unique Blackbird series of military aircraft. Included in the collection are the Lockheed SR­71A Blackbird reconnaissance plane, its predecessor, the A­12 test plane, and the ultra­secret D­21 drone. The recently completed Blackbird Heritage Wall commemorates the designers, crew members and others associated with the aircraft. The museum and its gift shop are open Friday through Sunday, 10:00 am. ­ 5:00 p.m.

2. California Poppy Preserve - This is how the wildflowers looked this past weekend.
img_0204s.jpg

Park officials are anticipating a full bloom to be in effect over the next few weeks. to give you an idea of a beginning bloom as seen above and a full bloom, see below.

California_Poppies1.jpg

3. Antelope Valley Mall in case the wife wants to go shopping

4. If you are active DoD employee, Military or retired military there is always the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards AFB.

I hope some of you can make it out, I know it is a bit of a drive but the weather is beautiful here this time of year and there will definitely be good times had by all.

Chers!

Danny

One week to go. Please don't tell me that Long draw and his wife are the only one's coming from CP.
Not that we won't still have a great time but the more the merrier!

Anyone else going to trek out here?

One week to go. Please don't tell me that Long draw and his wife are the only one's coming from CP.
Not that we won't still have a great time but the more the merrier!

Anyone else going to trek out here?

OK, I will stay home and just send my wife. Now who's going? And yes she is gorgeous :sign:

I'll tell you what. If this is still going to happen you can meet her on Saturday.

Lest not forget, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

She is going to kill me.

The herf is on regardless. I committed to Romeo Y Julieta so I'll be there even if I have to smoke all their stock :)

This is it, down to the wire folks!

Please let me know if you are coming as I need a rough count to give the steakhouse. I'd hate to have them buy more food and then have nobody show up or have them be short on food if a lot show up.

I know LongDraw and his wife are coming up but is anyone else??

Temperature is expected to be in the high 80's with clear skies

Steaks, cigars and belly dancers! :) I am on my way.

That steak you had will feed your family for a week!

Thanks for coming out Eric. It was great to meet you and your wife. I told you you would have a good time :)

We'll have to do this again.

Danny

It was great meeting you also. We had a good time and you were a wonderful host. And the vendor deals were also great :) Will make the trip again.

Glad to see it went through.
It was hot this weekend. I have no idea what were the temps in Palmdale, but in my hometown we reached record high.

It was hot this weekend. I have no idea what were the temps in Palmdale, but in my hometown we reached record high.

This is the desert. We don't start looking at the thermometer until it hits 120. :D

Actually Saturday was perfect! The temps was about 85 at the highest point, just enough wind to be pleasant and crystal clear skies. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

This is the desert. We don't start looking at the thermometer until it hits 120. :D

Actually Saturday was perfect! The temps was about 85 at the highest point, just enough wind to be pleasant and crystal clear skies. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Sounds like you all had a good time.. Could not go myself as I was having dinner with my parents. Been trying to arainge this since i got back from my vacation in Thailand in January. Talk about a conflict of scheduals.