• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Scream you Scream We all Scream for Ice Cream

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Once in awhile I have to turn away the Schwan's Ice cream man and make my own. Most everyone loves homemade ice cream. I decided last year to purchase a white mountain ice cream maker after our junker died. Well worth the price, it should last a lifetime.

There are literally hundreds of ice cream recipes. I encourage you to explore them all. Some are rich, others have eggs, some are more milk, others more cream or half-n-half.

One thing I did find, although my old clunker would halt when the ice cream was ready the White mountain will keep on cranking. F
Follow the timing closely as if you have a high cream recipe it will eventually make a product that reminds you of eating butter :whistling:

Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream

(Makes 6 quarts)
3 cups whole milk
2 ¾ cups sugar
¾ tsp salt
3 cups half-n-half cream
6 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons vanilla

Scald milk in a pan until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat and add sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Stir in half-n-half, whipping cream, and vanilla. Freeze according to manufacturers instructions.

Have you ever tried to make a low-carb ice cream?
Just wondering!
If you did...
Got a recipe?

Thanks!

-Rob

Low Carb Ice Cream

1. Pour glass of skim milk
2. Place in freezer

lol

My mother used to make homemade ice cream every summer..... those were the days. I made it a few times but haven't done it in at least 4 or 5 years. Last time I made it was for a Bananas Foster's Ice Cream Pie that must've come out pretty good because I didn't get a piece. :laugh: Might be time to break out the ice cream maker.

Just wondering!
If you did...
Got a recipe?

Thanks!

-Rob

Before she passed I made a batch or two for my mother-in-law who was diabetic. I didn't taste it but she loved it. I'll look around and see if I can dig up that recipe.

Low Carb Ice Cream

1. Pour glass of skim milk
2. Place in freezer

lol

LOL!
Actually there's a bunch of carbs in milk!
So maybe a glass of heavy cream in freezer would work!

My mother used to make homemade ice cream every summer..... those were the days. I made it a few times but haven't done it in at least 4 or 5 years. Last time I made it was for a Bananas Foster's Ice Cream Pie that must've come out pretty good because I didn't get a piece. :laugh: Might be time to break out the ice cream maker.

Just wondering!
If you did...
Got a recipe?

Thanks!

-Rob

Before she passed I made a batch or two for my mother-in-law who was diabetic. I didn't taste it but she loved it. I'll look around and see if I can dig up that recipe.

Awesome!

-Rob