• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drew Estate Medusa

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Oak BigHD100 and myself met up at Shelly's back room for a herf and pass handoff today. I brought along my culebra cos I have been dying to smoke one. It was gifted to me by a rep from DE at JR Cigars in DC.

Well I unwrappd it and it came embedded in loose tobacco leaves (like many of DE's offerings) and of course oak and BigHD had to take the requisite pictures. I took oak's cigar cutter and cut the thread holding it together and it came apart rather easily (the DE rep said to be very careful separating it).

The pre-light draw tasted/smelled like a florist's shop. I though this cigar is gonna suck. Interestingly enough for my tendril no clipping was needed. It drew perfectly right off the bat.

Once lit the flavor was very different. Kind of sweet and just plain bland. As oak would say "a mild tobacco taste with highlights of bland tobacco, overlaid with an intricate streak of tobacco" I tasted a bit of roastiness in it too.

The ash was quite tenacious (the guys took pics) for a curly cigar. I smoked it to about 1/2 way and the flavor and the draw didn't change a bit.

In closing, didn't suck at all.

I'm sure oak and BigHD100 will have more to add. :)

Clearly - Lumberg's palate has no sense of subtlety. Allow me to assist in you participating in our leaf-burning experience:

Upon lighting the end of the oddly shaped structure that is more gnarled than a branch from my name-sake... I tasted...

Nothing much. I was happy it wasn't burning my mouth... but it just tasted like a kind of cheap machine-made cigar... nothing significant, nothing good, nothing bad.

AND THEN IT BEGAN...

A subtle undertone began to present itself, and then strengthened, taking over the void of flavorless nothingness... What was the taste you ask?

Rubbing alcohol. The damnable thing had clearly been made with oodles of rubbing alcohol.

Soon, additional flavors presented themselves. The soft smell of gasoline, and the taste of rubbing alcohol... and my throat started to burn - and my tongue started to feel itchy...

I muttered, "no more..." - and left it to die in the ashtray.

A cool experience, and a bond of friendship was made over a freaky looking cigar. But next time, we three comrades of the leaf shall spring for a Davidoff culebra... ;)

Cheers,

- Oak

PS: No, it wasn't all that bad... but I'm pretty sure I could grind it down and use it to power my car...

Hmmmmm, at least we have consistency among our members in the cigar rating area :lookup:

Okay Big100HD, you gotta greak the tie here 'casue these two reviews aren't even close :D

coventrycat86 said:
Hmmmmm, at least we have consistency among our members in the cigar rating area :lookup:

Okay Big100HD, you gotta greak the tie here 'casue these two reviews aren't even close :D
Pretty close for the first inch or so... ;)

I seem to remember that Big100HD had some of that special taste I was referring to...

Either way - the culebra was a kick-ass experience - great way to bond with some fellow leaf-burners... Thanks again, Lumby... :thumbs:

-Oak

oak said:
AND THEN IT BEGAN...

A subtle undertone began to present itself, and then strengthened, taking over the void of flavorless nothingness... What was the taste you ask?

Rubbing alcohol. The damnable thing had clearly been made with oodles of rubbing alcohol.
mmmmmmmmmm! Sounds GREAT! Anyone wanna do a box split of these??? ;)

Back