• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Win My Desktop and Support the Troops!

Peeejster

Hi everyone,
So I recently purchased a new vinotemp (link) and won't really need my 150ct desktop, so I decided to run a contest to hopefully do some good for our brave soldiers overseas. So here's the idea (approved by Rod already) - it's going to be a raffle, except instead of purchasing tickets, you can earn them by donating sticks to go overseas. Since I'm still new, I've enlisted Gary (sonuvabum), who sends shipments out pretty regularly, to receive the donations and send them out at the end (just so there aren't any doubts about this being on the up and up). So here are the details:

1. The Humidor

This is a 150ct Glass-top humi that I've had for about 6 years and has always served me well. It used to lose a bit of humidity, but since joining here and learning the dental wax trick, it is now quite airtight. It's not in pristine condition (it is 6 years old) and has two very small chip, but nothing that's noticeable really (if you look hard, you can see one in the top right corner of the pic below - I'm sure a wood touchup pen would make it invisible). The inside is in great condition and comes with dividers for the top and bottom and a key(which is helpful for keeping a good seal). Here are some stock pics from an online retailer and come pics I took:

Online Description (I bought it from my B&M but I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same)

Actual pics:
(Sorry for the horrible quality)
gallery_9691_1211_36238.jpg

gallery_9691_1211_354196.jpg

2. Contest details
If you would like to enter, send some sticks to Gary (sonuvabum) at:
Gary King
601 N.E. 29th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76106

In the package, please include your real name and username, so Gary can keep everything straight.

Once they are sent out, please post in this thread that you've sent some along and include a tracking # if possible. Gary will acknowledge receipt of the package and the number of sticks contained in it. I'll then update the bottom of this post with a list all entries. As far as the quality of sticks go, I recognize that this system (once chance per smoke, regardless of price) is somewhat flawed in that it encourages the sending of cheap cigars. However, I couldn't come up with a reasonably practical alternative and I expect that everyone will act in good faith and send some nice sticks to our boys and girls overseas.

The contest will end 3 weeks from tomorrow - July 10th - (which is probably before I'll get my vino - :sign: - see link above) but obviously if something is in transit there will be exceptions. Once all the sticks have been received, either Gary or I will pick a winner out of a hat and that person will receive the humidor.

Also, for those of you who don't need anymore storage but would like to do something nice, I will gladly ship the humi to Gary if a FOG with no need for another desktop wins it and decides to donate it.

Good luck and feel free to post or pm me with any questions - hopefully we can get a pretty nice shipment going out.

-PJ

(Reserved for Entrant List)

I like the idea but it looks like there aren't any takers??

Any way I'm not main land USA so I won't be taking part.

But still I like the idea.....

Hmmm.... No interest in this? Well I'll give it some time before giving up on the idea. Bump for the end of the weekend.

Well, I was waiting for a box of Onyx's to arrive so I could toss in a handful of those but it appears they're hopelessly lost in transit so I sent what I had. Being a newbie, I don't have the selection most here have so I tried to make up for it with quantity! Still, I think they're pretty tasty.

Thanks for breaking the ice! Any other takers? As an incentive I'll now include 2 sticks for every participant (ex. if 4 people enter, the winner will be shipped the humidor AND 8 sticks). Thanks.

Would it be possible to send a monetary donation for entrance? I am currently at the cottage and there isn't a shipping location for 40 or so miles. :(

Would it be possible to send a monetary donation for entrance? I am currently at the cottage and there isn't a shipping location for 40 or so miles. :(
If you sent money, I'd have a hard time fairly assigning you a number of raffle chances.
Maybe you could purchase some sticks from one of the fine retailers here and they could ship them to Gary?

One clarification as the end approaches - If you haven't sent anything in yet, there's still time - in order to be eligible you just need to post a DC # by then end of tomorrow. Thanks!

I was supposed to conduct the drawing tonight but got home late.

Drawing will be completed Tuesday night.

Good Luck Gentlemen!!

Gary

OK, the moment you've all have been waiting for (or at least three of you) :D

First, I enlisted the assistance of my daughter, Little Miss Vanna White. Then we selected a non-hermetically sealed plastic paint bucket.

Bucket.jpg

Everyone got one ticket for every cigar they sent.

And the winner is....

Winner.jpg

"W" is for Wolfie and evidently also stands for "Winner".

Congrats Anthony!!

Peeejster will have more info for about claiming your prize.

The smokes should be going out sometime during my next two shipments.

Thanks for playing. The troops thank you and I thank you.

Gary

No kidding?! Hey, thank you, that's pretty neat! This week has been rough but now I'm smiling just as much as she is!

...Only, my smile probably looks a little disturbing given I'm sitting silently in a room smiling to myself. :laugh:

No kidding?! Hey, thank you, that's pretty neat! This week has been rough but now I'm smiling just as much as she is!

...Only, my smile probably looks a little disturbing given I'm sitting silently in a room smiling to myself. :laugh:

Congrats Wolfe, thank you Peeejster, and Gary for hosting such a great contest to help our troops. :thumbs: