• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Vintage 2000 Panatela review

moki

el Presidente
davidoff_vint_2000_panatela.jpg

I picked up two boxes of these Davidoff Vintage 2000 Panatela cigars (they come 10 per box) recently, and decided to give one of them a smoke. Apparently, 2000 was the first time that Davidoff declared a crop of tobacco to be "vintage" -- and in 2003, they made some cigars from it. Once the tobacco was gone, that's it.

Being banned from smoking cigars in my house (under threat of withholding food, sex, and other essentials for male survival), I popped over to my smoke shop, and sparked it up. The cigar is very well constructed, with a nice brown wrapper, ending with a nice little curly-Q at the cap of the cigar. It's thinner than I generally like my cigars, but that's okay, I don't discriminate.

The cigar itself was nice and smooth, with feint hints of nuts and... well, not much else. I seem to enjoy cigars with stronger flavors, and this cigar is definitely on the mild side, and thus not my cup of tea. However, it was not unenjoyable to smoke: it was very pleasant, not harsh in the least, no bitterness, and the flavors present were quite nice. There just weren't enough of them for me.

If you enjoy a mild, smooth cigar, this is your thing. And if you fall into that category, I have a number of these cigars available for trade, since it is not my thing. It might also be a great quality cigar to introduce to people who are new to cigars; it's mild and tasty enough that they'll have a very nice experience.

...or you can introduce your friends to the Joya De Nicaragua. I find this to be a good way to thin the herd :)

I'm with ya' on the smooth thing. I prefer a little oomph. Note that I said a little.

Back