• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Deal from Famous Smoke

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
Looks like a pretty decent deal. I ordered mine.

Famous Smoke Deal

COHIBA Robusto (2 ea)
CREME DE JAMAICA Robusto
EXCALIBUR Epicure
LA GLORIA CUBANA Wavell
MACANUDO Hyde Park
PARTAGAS Robusto
RAFAEL GONZALEZ Robusto
SANCHO PANZA Valiente

Oh crap,

That was before I joined this board and I didn't bother to do a search here about this vendor.

Don't worry about it. It took them awhile, but they finally came around and made good. I even got a letter from the president of the company.
I think, like all companies, they may have a few f#%*-ups, but then, who doesn't sometimes?

I did receive my sampler today.

Yes, I carefully checked the sticks and all are in great shape.

I work for a smaller competitor of Famous Smokes, but I have also been a customer of Famous on several occasions and I have to admit they are a great outfit.

I ordered this same special a few months back and, although there was a significant cosmetic blemish on one of the Cohiba wrappers, the overall itegrity was good and they all smoked great. Even if you only enjoy 7 of the nine selections, it's a good deal

I received my sampler on Thursday...3 days via UPS Ground from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin; all cigars arrived in good shape. I smoked the Rafael Gonzalez right away and was disappointed--could have used 3-6 mos. age (my recommendation: if you recently ordered this sampler pack and have not smoked the RG yet, let it sit until August).

I smoked the LGC Wavell last night: the first LGC I've had that I really enjoyed--guess I'd describe it as nutty. The kick was a bit much. Anyway, the LGC's that they are shipping appear more aged than the RG's.

D. Hannes
Madison, WI

Just an FYI:

geldor1, I trust that your sticks were fine, because you're a well-established BOTL :thumbs:

However, I'd just like to point out for those that weren't around during the above referenced fiasco, it was suspected (seemed obvious to all of us) that representitives of Famous SS were creating alias accounts here on CP to create fake support of their shop.

Given this, I find it odd that dhannes would join just to say Famous was OK. If you're here to stay and are not just a Famous employee or proprietor, then I appoligize. Welcome to CP and please post a detailed introduction in the Lobby.

In the same vien, I know nothing of LowCostCigars, but mentioning the accolades of a competitor is THE worst marketing strategy on the planet!

Again, just an FYI for those like geldor1 who weren't here ;)

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
However, I'd just like to point out for those that weren't around during the above referenced fiasco, it was suspected (seemed obvious to all of us) that representitives of Famous SS were creating alias accounts here on CP to create fake support of their shop.

Given this, I find it odd that dhannes would join just to say Famous was OK. If you're here to stay and are not just a Famous employee or proprietor, then I appoligize. Welcome to CP and please post a detailed introduction in the Lobby.
Kind of like One Hit Wonders?? :0 :sneaky:

dixieland_conjunction said:
In the same vein, I know nothing of LowCostCigars, but mentioning the accolades of a competitor is THE worst marketing strategy on the planet!

Please don't assume that because I work for a retailer, every post I make is marketing oriented. I'm also a cigar lover and a consumer.

As for my competitors, I have no problem with giving credit where credit is due. I've found that with regards to well known and respected competitors, mentioning such "accolades" speaks to the credibility of the one doing the mentioning, and generally creates a higher degree of trust from potential customers, which is always good for business. It has worked well for us.

Honesty, it seems, can actually be a sound marketing principle. Imagine that ;)

LowCost:

Might I suggest a few books? (I'm not meaning to be inflamitory, I am genuinely suggesting :)):

The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding
by Al Ries, Laura Ries

Ogilvy on Advertising
by David Ogilvy

Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind
by Al Ries, Jack Trout

The 33 Ruthless Rules of Local Advertising (not really pertainent to this situation, but one heck of a book :thumbs:)
by Michael Corbett

.....and the makrketing bible:
Marketing Warfare
by Al Ries, Jack Trout

Cheers,
Dixie

LowCostCigars said:
Please don't assume that because I work for a retailer, every post I make is marketing oriented. I'm also a cigar lover and a consumer.
If this is the case, perhaps you could do what is suggested on other boards (and maybe here): maintain two accounts; one for work and one for play. Then we'll all know who we're dealing with.

When you sign up for a personal account, I volunteer to be the first to welcome you with a 5-stick blinder. :)

Cheers,
Dixie

I just received my sampler today. A fellow BOTL had told me about the offer in December and I finally got around to ordering last monday. I read all of the previous threads' comments and made sure I inspected the sticks before putting them in my humi. The Rafael Gonzales stick looked like at had a beetle hole(don't know for sure, never have seen this). Going through the freezing process as I type.

I don't think that Famous is doing this here. Check Herfers Paradise, Humberto and Gary from Famous is posting there in the open identifing themselves. If they do it over there they can do it here.

Hmmm...maybe I'll put in an order if folks are receiving them in good shape. I was worried after some of the other posts I'd read!