• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dewar's White Label Blended Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Dewar's White Label, Various sizes from 5cl to 1.75L, 80 proof, 750ml ~$22.

Dewars%20White%20Label.JPG

Dewar’s is the largest selling blended Scotch Whisky in the US. Over 90% of the entire production of Dewar's is exported with 75% going to the states. Now owned by Bacardi.

Dewar's White label is the youngest scotch that I own. There is no age statement on the bottle but most feel it is made of 6 year old stock for the most part. This is not a straight shot type of scotch, being so young there are some rough edges that even blending can't totally take away. Aberfeldy (also owned by Dewar's) is the main blended ingrediant but the actual whiskies used and at what age are held secret as with almost all blends.

I've found that over ice is the best way to drink Dewar's if you give the ice a bit of time to melt. This helps release the somewhat limited nose and cut some of the sweetness of this blend. Tasting has a nice amount of spiciness on the sides of the tongue but a bit too sharp IMO. The finish is fairly long with a mid-level sweetness that lasts well past the time when the spice goes away.

This is a great scotch for making mixed drinks or a hot winter toddy or even to offer people who wouldn't appreciate good scotch neat. I wouldn't do that to my guests but would at least go up to JW Black Label but YMMV. Keep some around at holiday time.....it makes a great eggnog spike.

Overall, the new 12 yo Dewar's is a much better albeit more expensive drink.

Another great review. I myself have never been a fan of this Scotch. For blends I prefer either JW Black or Pinch

I wouldn't say I am a JW Black slut, but if I want something with a little edge, I pick up Dewars. Granted it is a different flavor, and heck, may be a tad smoother. But it does the trick for me. I actually prefer the rough edges of Dewars and Black over Chivas. Now dont get me wrong, Chivas is a nice drink, but it is to pansy ass pinky extended sipping stuff, lol... Now the Dewers that is aged is a nice drink for me. One of these days I am going to try one of the top shelf JW's.

Emo

cohibasurfer said:
Dewars and H2O here. A staple when I start an evening out.
I thought you posted here trying to stir things up before going out :0 :p :sign: :sign: :sign:

:p LOL!
Fast have you ever thought of auditioning for SNL ?
Good, cuz your not funny... ;)

Where has all the love gone man?
Cuz it show dont be livin hear no mo. ;)

Dewars White Label was basically my introduction to scotch.
It's cheep and good if you want to catch a buzz, but other then that...there are much better choices out there.

Fixed now, I must have mixed it up when I added pics last year.

I drink this stuff every day. It keeps a spring in my step and a pencil in my pants. :laugh:

Doc.

Okay you experts, would you consider this comparable to JW Red? Also, is JW Black considered considerably better than the Dewars featured here?

JW red sells a bunch more but it is strictly a mixing scotch IMO. Go with the JW Black, Dewar's 12 or even better, JW Green :)

I agree. I go back to JW Black every now and then. JW Red is below Dewars IMO and Black is miles ahead of both. ;)

Like Fast4DR, I enjoy Pinch (Dimple Pinch). I like the Dewar's, like the Pinch a little better, for a blended scotch.

I also just had some Oban single malt scotch this past weekend for the first time, it was great.