• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Bacon to me!

Wolfie

Alien
As much as I try to keep it fairly secret, a coworker somehow discovered my impending birthday and mailed me a care package...keeping in mind my love of sour candy, bacon and vodka:

moto_0417.jpg

What a way to start a week. Sugar high and reeking of bacon? Maybe this Monday isn't going to be so bad, after all.

Not pictured is a bar of applewood smoked bacon milk chocolate, a stick of gummy bacon and a bacon air freshener which I'll probably save until summer and hang off my handlebars.

Oh, for the love of bacon!

Wow. Bakon. I'm not sure if i will ever be the same.

Damn it. This stuff is unavailable in Canada. How is that possible?? Canada IS bacon! I need a case of this stuff STAT.

As they say on the website, it could be interesting in a bloody mary.......especially my bloody mary :D

Wolfie...have never seen or heard of Bakon vodka before. I like you am a lover of Bakon...any insight as to how it tastes? Might have to look into a bottle of that, I'm assuming, smokey vodka...

Wolfie...have never seen or heard of Bakon vodka before. I like you am a lover of Bakon...any insight as to how it tastes? Might have to look into a bottle of that, I'm assuming, smokey vodka...

Surprisingly, it actually does have a distinct bacon flavour to it. Taken straight, it's not so strong as to scream at you, however. It is certainly vodka with bacon and not bacon with an alcohol content.

I didn't immediately identify bacon, nor a strong smokiness which I attribute to the fact that it doesn't have a pungent olfactory quality. Rather, at first taste, I noticed a pepper that reminded me of...well...black pepper infused vodka. Mingled with the black pepper is a savory tang which does certainly bring to mind fresh, crispy bacon. It's the immediate and lingering aftertaste, however, that really brings it home. Should go well with drinks that have evolving flavour profiles. I simply paired mine with a couple bruised basil leaves.

It's just too bad there isn't eye candy and "flavour crystals". It has a nice clean look to it but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some pieces of bacon floating around in there.

Surprisingly, it actually does have a distinct bacon flavour to it. Taken straight, it's not so strong as to scream at you, however. It is certainly vodka with bacon and not bacon with an alcohol content.

I didn't immediately identify bacon, nor a strong smokiness which I attribute to the fact that it doesn't have a pungent olfactory quality. Rather, at first taste, I noticed a pepper that reminded me of...well...black pepper infused vodka. Mingled with the black pepper is a savory tang which does certainly bring to mind fresh, crispy bacon. It's the immediate and lingering aftertaste, however, that really brings it home. Should go well with drinks that have evolving flavour profiles. I simply paired mine with a couple bruised basil leaves.

It's just too bad there isn't eye candy and "flavour crystals". It has a nice clean look to it but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some pieces of bacon floating around in there.

Ah...the Goldschlager effect, but with bacon bits. Thanks for sharing Wolfie...it certainly sounds interesting. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for a bottle of this, or better yet, maybe I can find it at Sherry-Lehmann or other internet wine/liquor retailer. Thanks.

I think it's time to whip up a batch of bacon bloody mary for the crew here Wolfie!

I think it's time to whip up a batch of bacon bloody mary for the crew here Wolfie!

I'll 2nd that!
I'll third that and have found that making bacon vodka at home is easy---dice a lb or so of the good bacon--fry just short of crisp and then dump the whole works(sans pan) into a glass jar that is holding a qt or so of vodka---cover and let sit in the closet for a week or so then chill, scoop out the solids(reserve the bits) then pour through some kind of filter---clean handkerchief(the white linen ones!)work well and are ez to clean--multiple layers of cheesecloth works too--it will not be nice and clear but will taste of bacon for sure---works with bourbon too

buzz

I've seen Anejores, Padron whores, and Scotch whores around these parts, but I think that you're the first full-fledged bacon whore we've had Wolfie!

I was watching The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten on the food network and they had a girl on talking about an Elvis panini and a scotch or whiskey that was steeped with solidified bacon grease. Reminded me of Bakon.

Ah...the Goldschlager effect, but with bacon bits. Thanks for sharing Wolfie...it certainly sounds interesting. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for a bottle of this, or better yet, maybe I can find it at Sherry-Lehmann or other internet wine/liquor retailer. Thanks.

Had a Three Wise Men a few years ago with Goldschlager in addition to the shots and needless to say I can honestly say that Goldschlager has ruined that drink for me. O well more Goldschlager for everyone else. :0