• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenkinchie 10 yo Lowland Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Glenkinchie 10 yo Lowland Single Malt Scotch, 750 ml, 86 proof, $36-42.

We had a tie between number #28 and #31 for the review so I flipped a coin and #28 won.

Glenkinchie%2010.JPG

I spent all morning trimming a giant bush that I had let grow on it's own for the last 8 years. I used to be able to walk around and trim it but now I was on a 10' ladder with a 12' trimming pole just so I could knock it down to about 15' in height. All of this hard work made me look forward to some relaxing time with a glass of scotch sitting in the sun on the deck. It is almost 70 here today and after the winter there was no problem being outside in a short sleeve shirt enjoying the weather. Too bad it won't last .

Glenkinchie is one of the few Lowland malts available along with Auchentoshan, Bladnoch, Rosebank and a few others. Nothing like the amount of different Highland or Speyside bottlings available. Made near the Kinchie Burn near Edinburgh it has a fragrant and fresh nose with a slight sweetness and a hint of peat alongwith some grassy notes. The pale golden color is very clear and looks slightly less dark than wet straw.

The body is light to medium and it has clean smooth taste that is well rounded and light on the tongue. This is a nice fresh scotch with just a hint of spice in it. It finishes well with a lingering dry and fragrent taste that is unusual for a Lowland malt.

Overall, a worthwhile edition to any collection and good enough to be a favorite for some people. Well worth trying a shot or two if you can find a bar that carries it.
:thumbs:

Thanks for another great review. I've added this one to my "to try" list :thumbs:

lucasbuck said:
Thanks for another great review. I've added this one to my "to try" list :thumbs:
Before I could even add this to my list Secret Santa had it dropped off on my doorstep :)

How's that for review timing? It's almost like we were in cahoots together LOL!!