• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A 40 ring gauge cigar humbled me (twice)

4cbln3

WTF are skin tags?!
Recently I was sent 2 Litto Gomez orientals 4.875 X 40 from Isy to taste the difference between year '08 and '09. Thank you again Isy, but I really think you sent them quietly chuckling to yourself "this is gonna be fun to hear about".

I sat down both times after dinner and paired them with some IBC root beer. The first to be torched was the '09 as I figured I should see what kind of power they held. I mean, how hard can a little cigar hit?
I fired it up and a lot of spice hit my throat but I continued on. Just after I removed the band I was feeling woozy and had to put it down. Damn! I actually had to pound the rest of my soda, hit the shower and relax. Okay, maybe it was just a fluke and I didn't eat enough.

2 days later after dinner, I figured okay let's try the '08. It's had to have time to mellow out a bit. Wrong! The spice may have diminshed a little, but the little cigar kicked my ass again! This time I couldn't even get to the band before I had to put it down before it put me down
laugh.gif

Now I'm sitting here thinking, WTF? I know I've cut down my 3-4 cigar a day routine just because I've been so busy lately, but a 4 X 40?
This little cigar has got me thinking maybe I should stick with the medium line of smokes out there. Maybe it's just a fluke so I went out and bought a LG double ligero chiselito and so far I've made every mental attempt to avoid smoking it.
sign.gif
I'm such a wuss!

I was gonna add this to a previous thread of Ass Kicking cigars but this one deserved it's own little story. Do these cigars EVER get any mellower?

BTW, I'm gonna getcha back Isy!
wink.gif

One of my favorites! The americano ususally seems to be a little more toned-down. Litto's smaller smokes definitely have more power than the larger RG. Those DL chiselitos are the same way, too. Beware the chiselito!!

Derek

Well I suppose the idea there is that if you only have time for a short smoke, and you really want the nic hit, that is the way to go. I have never had the Oriental, but have had the rest of the line. Good to know this in advance.

Ooohhh sounds like a cigar I might like!! :D Oh go on and fire up that chiselito, but get some good pics of the sweat beading on the forehead this time. :laugh: :p

If I put the camera that close to my ugly mug and the flash sends me into a seizure, I'm sending you the hospital bill
sign.gif

The little Opus #5 are like this to me. Small smoke, but pack a big punch. Larger Opus just don't do as much for me. :)

Thanks for the story.

-John

I remember when Chewbacco went blind smoking an Opus. I got my ass kicked by a fresh Taboada (handed to me by Mr. Taboada in TJ). UGH! :laugh:

Seriously... why you wasting time smoking when you could be out surfing in Oahu... c'mon now. :love:

Can't see in the dark, soooooooooooooo, might as well light 'em up and wait for dawn patrol! Plus the man in the grey suit comes closer during the night and I don't want to resemble the underneath of a turtle.
laugh.gif

These have a ton of flavor, but they're ass-kickers, for sure. Hope you enjoyed the experience with these as much as I did, Dave!

Dave, a couple weeks ago Souldog, Stogie13 and Champion were all over at my house for a herf, before which we went to a B&M where we found they had these LG's you are talking about. Needless to say, Jon bought one and decided he would see if it could mess him up. The guy fired it up, got halfway through it and was commenting about how he didn't think it was that strong, ect ect, but it was very good.

Shortly after I took this picture of him finishing the cigar, he stood up and realized that perhaps it was a bit stronger than he thought. :sign:

DSC_2972.jpg

Dave,

I recently lit up these T110s received from this great guy on an Island....Had a big dinner, lit it up....and wow great smoke! But I think I was siked out, didn't make me feel nasty, but the dinner helped! Wonderful cigar!

I am afraid of the LGs and chisels!

Dave, a couple weeks ago Souldog, Stogie13 and Champion were all over at my house for a herf, before which we went to a B&M where we found they had these LG's you are talking about. Needless to say, Jon bought one and decided he would see if it could mess him up. The guy fired it up, got halfway through it and was commenting about how he didn't think it was that strong, ect ect, but it was very good.

Shortly after I took this picture of him finishing the cigar, he stood up and realized that perhaps it was a bit stronger than he thought.
sign.gif

Misery LOVES company, eh SoulDog?! At least you finished the cigar.
laugh.gif
Thanks for the fun pic of him Charles, I have that same shirt from Tar-gay, almost wore it in my pic with Par 3 Cigars.

Glad you like the T110's Ben, they are waaaay different than LG's to me so I'm not wary of grabbing one of them anytime. But I do give them a full meal also.
wink.gif

<edited for a last minute thought>

Try an Illusione Le Elegance.

great small ring guage cigar and it won't kick your head in

:)

Me and another detective (smoker) went to the crime lab a while back to drop off some evidence and went by the B&M there like I always do. He picked up a Chisellito to smoke on the way back. It's about a 45 minute drive so it should have been sufficient. He started smoking it in the car, and about halfway through it I ALMOST PASSED OUT! I never even touched the thing! After that I vowed they would never grace my cooler! :laugh: