• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cadenhead's Rosebank 11 yo Lowland Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
For those that voted for #31, I'm sorry. I wanted to get this review done while it is fresh in my head. Unlike my previous reviews I'll post the particulars of this scotch at the end instead of the beginning.

Rosebank%201989.JPG

Today didn't start out well. One of my guys has been doing his best to give me his cold for almost a week now and my defense of Scotch and Bourbon was beginning to fail me. However, when I got home I had Moki's bomb of every cigar on my wish list waiting for me :) Shortly after that the UPS man came with my order of Montecristo "A"'s (domestic) and a bottle of Cadenhead Rosebank 11 yo Lowland Scotch. Not a bad way to start the weekend!

Still not feeling my best I did enjoy our dinner of Cannelloni stuffed with meat (Prosciutto ham is the key, not just cooked ham - trust me) and afterwards decided to bake myself in the Jacuzzi. Since sitting in the tub is sorta dull I thought that I would live it up and not only take a glass of Rosebank on ice with me but also a Montecristo #4 that was given to me by the CEO of my company when he came back from London last week. This is something I've never done, smoke in the bathroom and the wife wasn't too thrilled about it but with the window opened a crack and the vent fan going full blast it didn't "stink it up the place" (her words) too bad.

I settled in, got the jets going and started to sip my drink. Damn! This is good stuff! Upon lighting the Monte it got even better. Never had I run across a Scotch/Cigar combo that matched up so well. I even had the wife get me a refill so I could enjoy this longer. :p

I usually don't smoke when I review a Scotch but I'm glad I broke that rule this time. It could be the high proof of the Rosebank was cut just perfectly by the 4 ice cubes or maybe it was the total relaxation of the Jacuzzi but I can see that this is a combination that I'll be doing again. :love:

This whisky is a nice golden color that noses much softer then the proof would have you believe. Vanilla, fruit and honey are noticed but no one is at the forefront. The taste is like the nose, soft, balanced and smooth. The ice may have decreased the finish, which was flavorful but fairly short.

Rosebank distillery was mothballed in 1993 so finding original bottlings is getting harder and harder. However, there are a number if independent bottlings available, this particular Cadenhead being only one of them. Cadenhead also bottles an 8 and 9 yo Rosebank but at slightly different proofs. They may not have the same reaction as the 11 yo just because they are younger.

If you like Monte ISOM's and Scotch I highly recommend getting a bottle while you can. Hell, if you don't like it I'll buy the bottle from you.

Rosebank 11 yo Lowland Scotch, Cadenhead Bottling, Authentic Collection distilled 1989, bottled 2001, 750 ml, 115 proof, about $80-95.

You can buy it here.

Sounds like a great combo!!!! I'll have to try this one myself one day :D

Thanks again for another great review