• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shipping Liquor

WyoSmoke

Well, I searched but found nothing, so I'll have to ask. I will apologize in advance if this has been discussed before. How do you all ship liquor?? I asked the local post office and spoke directly to the post master there and was told that I could not ship these items due to the possibility of flammability. Do any of the parcel services (ie UPS, FedEx, etc) allow shipping these items from one place to another, particularly across state lines?? Any information would be appreciated...

Thanks, Mike

I suspect most people *cough* just don't mention the contents, but yes, UPS will ship booze . . . most of the internet retailers seem to use them, at any rate. Legally, if it says booze, I believe most states require a signature.

I once got a bottle all the way from Scotland labeled "lava lamp." :laugh:

~Boar

Lava lamps works for me.

I suppose if you were an unscrupulous heathen you could probably walk into the USPS with the bottle of flammable liquid already packaged up and if the 9th level of Hell was your scene you could lie about it's contents. I'm sure there are people like that around, I'm just glad I don't know any of them. :)

I suppose if you were an unscrupulous heathen you could probably walk into the USPS with the bottle of flammable liquid already packaged up and if the 9th level of Hell was your scene you could lie about it's contents. I'm sure there are people like that around, I'm just glad I don't know any of them. :)

:laugh: Thanks for the Friday morning belly laugh you just gave Britishfields and I Clint.

I ship and know of several who ship a ton of olive oil......

All good advice. You can ship it through UPS, Fedex or USPS. Just don't reveal what is really inside.

All good advice. You can ship it through UPS, Fedex or USPS. Just don't reveal what is really inside.

At least with beer my understanding is that it is actually illegal and you can be fined for shipping it through USPS. With fedex and UPS it is just against their policy but you won't get in trouble if they do find out.

At least with beer my understanding is that it is actually illegal and you can be fined for shipping it through USPS. With fedex and UPS it is just against their policy but you won't get in trouble if they do find out.

Funny thread. I just got a call from the post office because a box I shipped is suddenly wet on top. Luckily it was my mom that called since she works at the post office, and she put the box in her car.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I guess when/if I decide to ship some I will see if the recipient likes the brand of "olive oil" I choose. :whistling:

I'm about to ship 12 bottles of "olive oil" from Santa Ynez via UPS from CA to VA, so I'll let you know how that turns out!

My boss receives shipments of wine from California all the time via Fedex. But the official policy is only wholesalers or retailers can do it. But regular folks like us can't "officially" ship it.

I'd say go with single "molt" olive oil. :whistling: Yeast samples doesn't sound as appealing...

Update . . . my bottles arrived safe and sound. Each was individually wrapped in bubble wrapped, and then I stuffed some clothing in the gaps for extra security. Cost me about $40 to ship 10 bottles, but worth it. I used UPS, and just threw a bunch of fragile stickers all over the box, no one ever asked me what was inside.

First of all, thank you im part of this community who enjoys cigar.

a noob and would like to know why shipping cigars are illegal? its really confusing because most countries dont ask for custom duties on the former. then found out its flammable material from one air shipper. ups and fedex only told me they dont ship it. i was really scared. but then found out from you guys its nothing to worry about. now i can sleep tight knowing i wont go to jail for doing this. will i?
you guys should work where i am now, cigars cost 10 times the normal price. no wonder i would buy it from my beloved US of A

thanks again for welcoming me in advance.
:rolleyes:

Gil

a noob and would like to know why shipping cigars are illegal? its really confusing because most countries dont ask for custom duties on the former. then found out its flammable material from one air shipper. ups and fedex only told me they dont ship it. i was really scared. but then found out from you guys its nothing to worry about. now i can sleep tight knowing i wont go to jail for doing this. will i?
you guys should work where i am now, cigars cost 10 times the normal price. no wonder i would buy it from my beloved US of A

Gil

Double post

Gil

Shipping Cigarettes are illegal however, Cigars are not illegal......You CAN ship Cigars through U.S.P.S. :)

Gil

Welcome Gil, why don't you head over here and post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself. This is a thread about shipping alcohol, not cigars.