• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal La Punta

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
San Cristobal La Punta (isom)
SanCriLaPun_bg.jpg

(Thanks to Styx&Stoned for granting my wishlist with this cigar! :thumbs: )

Appearance: Good to Fair, mildly vieny.
Construction: Good, but alot lighter in weight than I expected from a cigar this size. (but thats not a bad thing)
Burn: Even, nearly perfect.
Problems: None :)
Ash Color: Dark Grey
Ash Structure: Firm, held on for a good inch and a half before it fell onto my lap! :angry: Very little flaking, if any.
Draw: Easy... Very nice! :thumbs:
Aroma: Pre-light=Like cedar, and cigar. While lit/burning= Very light scent. Pleasant.
Smoked to: The smallest nub I've smoked yet... TINY! :)
Strength: Mild to Medium (thats rating for isom btw)
Taste: Hints of Cedar and sweetness, with kind of a earthy aftertaste. Very enjoyable. Not too strong, more of a simple medium bodied cigar.
Overall impression: Very nice. A way above average cigar.
Recommend: Without a doubt- YES!
Scale: Great Smoke!

---------------
A few words from the smoker
---------------

First, many thanks go out to Styx&Stoned for gifting me this cigar off my wishlist :thumbs: THANKS STYX!

The cigar was a torpedo shape with a mildly oily and veiny wrapper. Felt very light to me. Looked good, without any serious problems on the wrapper.

Snipped the tip, and the prelight draw was very easy- I almost thought it was going to be too easy of a draw. I was wrong. Once torched, the cigar was excellent. A real treat. A change from the powerhouse cigars I've had, this was a nice mild to medium bodied isom with good flavors that I could actually taste! Hints of cedar and something sweet filled my mouth with every puff. The aftertaste (finish?) was a tad earthy (to me- I guess from the cedar taste). Very little or no spicey flavors. The cigar was good.

As I smoked the cigar down it started to get a little stronger towards the end, but never got bitter, and I smoked that sucker down to the last centimeter ;) that cigar was good.

I had no idea what the cost was, since it was gifted to me... after I smoked it and enjoyed it so- I checked the price... Is it a bargain? NO. Is it a good smoke worth the price- YES.

If you have a chance to pick one up, try it.... Don't let the mild/medium bodied rating fool you, its a really enjoyably flavorful cigar.

Two :thumbs: Way up from me.
Toaster

Excellent Review!

I got a puff from one of those once, and it was good enough to let me know I would certainly enjoy a whole one. Haven't yet, but I will. :sneaky:

Nice Review Bro!!!!! :thumbs:

Glad you enjoyed it!!!!! :D

Know tell me your thoughts on the Trini...... :p

I had a late-night smoking session last night (into early this morning), and it was one of these that I burned.

I LOVED it! :love:

-nice, sweet, honey-like pre-light aroma.

-suprisingly easy draw for a havana.

-yummy toasted coconut and mild vanilla flavors.

-even burn, needing only one minor correction.

I would've liked it more if it had provided a bit more smoke, but it was an incredibly enjoyable mild/medium smoke.

I want more of these! :D

Nice review. I've got one of these in the humi and more on the way to me. Going blind on this one, so it is nice to hear such a stellar endorsement. :)

Bought a fiver from '01 shortly after Tom's review and the La Punta is now one of my favorite cigars. Thanks again Tom and Gary ;)

Is it a bargain? NO. Is it a good smoke worth the price- YES.

Hey lucus not sure where you got your 5r, but I picked up one early this year also and fell in love with it. By far one of my favorites, but the price of boxes seem to be a bit more then a VR famosos another close favorite!

Still looking for a box split if anyone is interested.