• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting back in, need a few suggestions.

Jayb

Hey All, as the thread suggests, I'm getting back into smoking, and could use a few suggestions on cigars. I'm not familiar with the correct terminology(please feel free to correct me), but I enjoy a full flavored, rich cigar, on the med, to dark side, not necessarily just a dark wrapper, but something complex. Oh, and I would like to start on some that are under $10, until I get more experienced, and can make more informed purchases. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pepin Serie JJ maduro
Fuente Hemingway
Padron 2000
San Cristobal by Ashton
La Riqueza by Tatuaje
Diesel Unholy Cocktail
Partagas Rosado
Rocky Patel Edge Missile
Punch Rare Corojo

Chemyst :cool:

That's a good list. :thumbs:

Cusano 18 maduro
CAO La Traviata
Ilusione 88
Fuente Chateau Sungrown

. . . would all be some likely additions.

~Boar

CAO Anniversarie Cameroon
CAO Lx2
CAO Mx2
La Aroma de Cuba (any new blend vitola)
Oliva Serie V
Henry Clay Maduro Brevas
Perdomo Cabinet Series P Maduro

Liga Privadas are a real treat though they're around $10

Some Fuente Anejos are under $10

I would add the Padron X000 series with a maduro wrapper. May come up a bit show on the complexity, but I think it will more than make up for that in flavor.

Thanks guys, I'll hit up the local store today, mmmm, walk in humidor.

What did you come back from the b&m with?
Inquiring minds want to know!

What did you come back from the b&m with?
Inquiring minds want to know!

O.K. so I just got back from a camping trip where I tried several cigars around the campfire. I've come to the surprising revelation that maduros are no longer my favorite. I would enjoy one now and again I think, but as an everyday smoke, I grew tired of the dark wrapper quickly. That being said, the local B&M had some of the suggestions, but were priced a bit out of my comfort lvl. I picked up a few plus a suggestion from the store owner, and a couple of my own, I picked on a whim. I have to say my favorites of the bunch were, Romeo y Julieta Habana reserve en tubo, and the Exile perfecto. I also tried the exile maduro which was very good.

Glad you were able to find some smokes you enjoy in your price range.

Just have to once again throw this in there (as if you haven't heard it enough in this thread)... buy Padrons!! Both the maduro and naturals of the x000 series (2000, 3000, etc.) are simply the best smokes you can buy for the money, because they are dirt cheap but taste so good and are some of the most consistent smokes I've ever had.

Unlike the Fuente Sun Growns I picked up a few weeks ago.. had a fiver and every single one of them was plugged. I know Fuente is a top brand and all, but for some reason I never have much luck with them.

Ehh. RyJ? Hmmph. Padron. Buy. Now. :laugh:

Yeah the only RyJ I've had that I really liked was the Habana reserve, Damn good if you ask me, but yeah I've been meaning to try the Padrons, can't seem to find them in singles yet, but I'm still looking.

Ehh. RyJ? Hmmph. Padron. Buy. Now.
laugh.gif

Yeah the only RyJ I've had that I really liked was the Habana reserve, Damn good if you ask me, but yeah I've been meaning to try the Padrons, can't seem to find them in singles yet, but I'm still looking.

I know it is a lighter RyJ...but of the NC RyJ line, I like the Reserva Real the best. Have you tried those? Very smooth...a good golf gar IMHO.

You might try the HdM Excalibur line, too.
Very affordable, tasty smokes.

Fuente Cuban Belicoso is more affordable than Hemingway.
Nearly as good. Try the Cuesta-Rey Fuente line, too.
Even more affordable.

The Padron 2000, 3000... Series is a staple for many.
Very good smokes for the money.

Keep searching. Eventually you'll find your favs.

Ehh. RyJ? Hmmph. Padron. Buy. Now.
laugh.gif

I know it is a lighter RyJ...but of the NC RyJ line, I like the Reserva Real the best. Have you tried those? Very smooth...a good golf gar IMHO.

I tried a couple of those RyJ Habana, and it was much better than my other forays into that brand. Fairly rich and flavorful, and not bitter. Funny how you mention maduros aren;t hitting it for you this time around. Only Maduros that I seem to enjoy are the Pepin 601 blue and Green labels, Padron, and Fuente is the ONLY broadleaf maduro that doesnt taste like I'm sucking on a lug nut. As far as complex smokes go, you might try the AB Tempus. A nice mix of earthy spicy.
welcome back!

O.K. so I found a site that sells a few Padron singles, I got an Executive Natural, and a maduro. I'll be puffing on one later after diner with a glass of scotch. :)

O.K. so I found a site that sells a few Padron singles, I got an Executive Natural, and a maduro. I'll be puffing on one later after diner with a glass of scotch. :)

The executives are probably one of the better agers from Padrons brown label line. Enjoy the smoke!