• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Vet's Pass Contest.- DONE

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
This is open to everyone who joined prior to March 1st 2010 and has at least 50 posts and their profile filled out.

Since the Vet's Pass is a true grab bag pass the winner will have to opportunity to select 5 numbers from the list I will post in the Vet's Pass thread and I will send the corresponding cigars. You only get 2 guesses so make them count.

Question:
He was the highest ranking US military person......until George Washington tied him. Who was he? Full Name and rank required.

Good Luck!

You want the answer here or in a PM?

I see no mention of PM so I'll post my answer here.

General of the Armies of the United States John Joseph Pershing

Well that didn't last long :laugh:

I thought the ".until George Washington tied him" would certainly throw people off looking for Revolutionary War Generals.

Send me your addy and I'll let you know when you can select your numbers.

Public Law 94-479, General of the Armies of the United States was established as having "rank and precedence over all other grades of the Army, past or present," clearly making it superior to General of the Army. It has been held by two people: John J. Pershing who received the rank in 1919 after World War I, and George Washington who received it posthumously in 1976 as part of the American Bicentennial celebrations.

Threw me off. I was looking as Tomas Gage when the correct answer came in. Trick question. Sucked in again.

Thanks for the contest Ray, addy is in my profile. :thumbs:

"General-of-the-Armies... part of our military heritage."

Shawn's been watching too much Armed Forces Network over here. :laugh:

"General-of-the-Armies... part of our military heritage."

Shawn's been watching too much Armed Forces Network over here. :laugh:

lol I haven't watched AFN in ages, you now need a decoder box for it :rolleyes: I get my US TV fix over my VPN and Hulu. :thumbs:

Huh? I think Ray posted a list about three weeks ago.

Huh? I think Ray posted a list about three weeks ago.

Oh, I didn't think to go look back at the first page I was waiting on the list to be posted on the last page. :blush:

*edit* For a weird double post...