• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you do this weekend?

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
17 hr 45 min total work time, a DeWalt sliding miter saw, J.C. Penney 1/2" drive drill and a boatload of stainless steel screws. Finished size is 12x14'. I built the picnic table about 5 years ago.
What did you do this weekend?
deck1.jpg

Looks good from here. Can't see any flaws from my house! :D

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Fresh target to bomb....... :sneaky:

Kind of low for a tree fort :sign:

I spent the weekend recovering from the cold I caught last week.... :angry:

Very nice looking deck. Now get started on mine!

...went to Ocean City. It was a nice weekend for the beach! :)

wpeloqui said:
Kind of low for a tree fort :sign:

I spent the weekend recovering from the cold I caught last week.... :angry:
LOL!! How about a between the trees fort? :p I'm off to smoke my first on it in about 5 minutes.

Hope you feel better soon.

AVB,

Very nice. Is that a river next to your property?

Too bad you are in PA. If you were closer, you might have gotten a new neighbor.

My wife and I are looking for something waterfront. But, no snow.

Anyhow, nice job on the deck. Looks like all it is missing is a BBQ, an outdoor shower, and a slow woman or two! Have fun on it.

M. GIpson :)

Very nice deck ! Since I'm not allowed to smoke in the house I need one of those !

What did I do?
got home from regular work saturday morning at 1am, got back up at 6:30am to work my pressure washing contracts and about burnt to a crisp in a 12 foot deep pool, very sunny out. Been workin two jobs for three weeks straight now, no days off,even Easter.
Sunday was my first real day of rest: started at 8am to check fill levels on two pools then back home to run to mall and Target, then a cookout at sis-in-laws
Ended at 8pm with a nicely aged PAM64

man I need to relax more ! :(

gawntrail said:
AVB,

Very nice. Is that a river next to your property?

M. GIpson :)
I think that's a driveway! :p :D

Oh yeah... I smoked six cigars outside and played with the kids! Great weekend!
LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Very nice deck. Did you have much experience before tackeling this job?

I've spent the weekend working on a closet organizer. Got the plans out of one of my handyman magazines. It's my first "real" wood working project. Finding out it's much more labor intensive then it looks on paper. All I have left at this point is to get the drawers mounted to rails and in the cabinet, cut, stain the "show" drawer fronts, and mount the damn thing on the closet wall (it's elevated about 6 inches to slide shoes underneath). I've got some pictures of progress along the way on my phone. Pictures to be posted later.

Dave :D

gawntrail:
That is my driveway that you see. A river that close and that high would have me checking the seaworthiness of the deck. The BBQ is on wheels so it will be out there pretty soon :D

DaveWF:

This is the second one that I built, the first was a 12x20' attached to the garage that I built. That one took me a week because I had to dig piers 39" deep for the 6x6" supports. Cutting those supports was the most iffy part because there were different lengths due to the slope of the land. I'll be looking for your closet pics because we are looking into doing that ourselves.

edit to correct size of deck, it's not 12x20 inches.

I spent the weekend trying to get laid. Starting to think that won't ever happen again ??? :lookup: :sign:

Hiya AVB
The deck came out real nice..........congrats on a job well done.
This weekend i've been helping out my father-in-law cutting down bushes with a chainsaw and yanking out the roots with a pick-ax from the front of his house.
Were going to make a very nice garden.
You know what they say.....out with the old in with the new.
So far we dumped three tons of dirt on the ground were the bushes used to be and covered it with 50 bags of red decorative mulch and now were halfway done.
Tuesday were going to the nursery to get a whole bunch of colorful plants(bromeliads) to lay out on top.
WHEW.....what a bitch of a job.

Great deck, what did you put it on? I built my 12'x20' last summer when it was 108 degrees, hardest part was leveling the caliche(cement like dirt) that I have for a back yard. Well worth the effort. You will find that your single malts and cigars taste much better when you are relaxing out there, I do. Gregor

Nice smoking deck AVB. Next time I'm in southern PA, I'll stop buy with my Otter box and we'll smoke a few :thumbs:

Stewartstown Police Department: "911 what's your emergency?"

AVB: "There's this strange guy with Connecticut plates on his car smoking cigars on my deck and he won't leave."

Nice deck :)

I spent the weekend in Panama City, FL, doing things that I might not ought to repeat here :p Had a good time, the sunshine was AWESOME!

HUGS

melly :love:

Damn good job.......

Ive been really busy aswell. PAINTING PAINTING PAINTING.
Wife and I are painting our bedroom 3 different shades of blue looks really sweet sooo far...... not done yet but should be tonight....

I'm remodeling/renovating the entire downstaris of my condo.

I spent the weekend in my family room (read Home Theatre). I finally got a much needed power conditioner for my A/V setup and had to rewire damn near everything because I some of the compnoents to go to different shelves. I'm also making room for a new 400-DVD changer :thumbs: I need a new receive :( I have too many inputs ??? (especially after my changer gets here ???)

Today I went in search of a bookcase to store my many, many magazine and/or a sofa table capable of storing a few LP's (even if horizontal) I knew I could get the Sanus Cherry TV stand that BustBuy carries (for a sofa table with a little horizontal LP storage), but thought I'd find something else. I did :D I got some modular shelves from Storehouse at 1/2 off (floor sample :thumbs:) Now all the LP's I listen to are stored away with tons more room :D

Oh and the area rug needed to be cleaned. So, I had to move the TV, main speakers, satalite speakers, A/V shelves, armchair, sofa, and coffee table out of the way to roll up the rug. <struggle, pant, pant, feel so weak> :p Lifting the couch with one arm while you yank the carpet from underneath with the other isn't as easy as it sounds :sign:

Cheers,
Dixie

Am I the only one who went to their local cigar store this weekend? :p :sign:

Kryo said:
Am I the only one who went to their local cigar store this weekend? :p :sign:
I had to work at my local shop for a while Saturday! :D :D :D

Took my bride out for an early 25th wedding anniversary dinner Saturday night. Great dinner, started out with an fantastic antipasto plate with fresh baked bread with roasted garlic, then dinner. Had a bottle of Fess Parker's Pinot Grigio(don't laugh, it was a very tasty). She had Rack of Lamb and I had a huge NY Strip steak for dinner. As we were eating our waitress had a guy who plays the guitar at the resturant stop by our table and he sang "Speak softly love" from The Godfather to us. Great night.

Great looking deck AVB. :thumbs: That reminds me I have to get the powerwasher out and clean my deck and reseal it this year.