• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A note about spammers...

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
We have seen a high number of spammers joining CP recently, and I am working to resolve the issue.

PLEASE NOTE: I will no longer go in and edit out spam posts, they will be deleted. Spammers are generally bots which post advertisements, that is all. Keeping such posts on the board does absolutely nothing useful, takes up resources, and takes up my time. The policy we have had since the beginning (2000) of not deleting posts has ALWAYS pertained to real posts, not spam. Do you keep spam in your mailbox? If the answer is no, then I see absolutely no reason why we would want to keep it here.

Please do not quote spam posts,
as all you're doing is taking up more of my time unnecessarily, and you're supporting their cause. If members continue to quote spam posts, then there will be a new rule created stating "do not quote spam posts". If the rule is broken more than twice, the offending member will either be suspended or banned. When we allow spammers to reside at CP (even by quoting their posts), all it does is increase their search engine ranking and cause more work for me. I am not about to go through each post and edit out the links -- this makes absolutely no sense anymore.

Thank you for your understanding...

Don't click on any embedded links they may post either. Even out of mild curiosity That's exactly what they want as it shows increased traffic to their site and increases their rankings as well.

One more note... When the same content is posted on multiple sites, it decreases OUR ranking.

Well, that explains the floating "reported" posts.