• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

drew estate cigars

lamaida

I ordered a sampler box of drew estate's "natrual" line. This cigar line is relatively new, and they are known for using interesting blends of tobacco.

I've been looking forward to trying these for a while, and man was I disappointed!

My sampler box contained different sizes, including the "egg." The egg looks like someone jammed an egg into an otherwise normal cigar, and getting smoke out of this thing was like trying to suck a golf ball through a drinking straw. I actually threw it out in frustration!

I tried smoking (I really did) a couple of others in the sampler pack and they were either plugged beyond saving, or loosely rolled with too much draw.

Granted, I've only been smoking cigars for about 9 years, but construction is everything. To me there's nothing more frustrating than a cigar that seems to have a great flavor, but you can't get any damn smoke out of it.

Gotta say that I'll never buy another drew estate smoke again. Any of you guys have any experience with this brand?

Total opposite for me. I got one in a 20$ sample grab bag at my local shop. Bag had Rocky Patel and Fuente's I wanted, I pulled the Drew out as junk and it smelled and felt perfect. I gave it a light and was pleased with it. "Dirt" was printed on the band. For 4$ I'd smoke these as a cheapy to "change the line-up". Was extra smooth ,almost like a m&m "melts in the mouth".

i think dave W has the "egg" on his wish list! quick pull it outta the garbage and send it to him ;)

barney

I haven't had one in a long time, but I've always liked Drew's flavored stuff.

**Anthony ducks and backs slowly out of room, anticipating a rash of poo flinging**

Not much on their non flavors at all, love the moondances, and vanillas, but not much else in the natural line I even smoked all the way,....FMF :sign:

Tony Bones said:
I haven't had one in a long time, but I've always liked Drew's flavored stuff.
Actually - I kinda agree. I've had more "likes" than "dislikes" from DE (tried about 12 from various lines) and haven't had any that were plugged or loose. Could of been a bad sampler box.

-K-