• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LVH-EY WAVELLE DELUXXE

Treamayne

On the run...
Le Vieja Habana - Early Years (Drew Estate's new line) - The Strong Stuff!

First Up - Wavelle Deluxxe

When the site said strong... it meant it.

On lighting it was actually very sharp, so much so I was unprepared ....

After a puff or too it became quite smooth... strong!, but smooth...
I'm still not very good at picking out the subtleties of flavor in a gar, but this one seemed rich, with a woodsy tang (probably from the raw liga).

The flavor was pleasant to the end and it didn't really heat up very much, but I think it's because I am learning to take my time much better and not smoke too fast. It left my mouth with a bit of a tingle that lasted for a good hour or so and I didn't get that smokey cotton mouth I often get an hour or two after smoking.

All in all a very nice experience. God I love the strong full-bodied dark beauties..... 'gars too <grin>

Platinum Star by LVH-EY

I brought this one home from Work and fired it up on the third story stairs of my Apt Building (I live on ground floor since Mom is Handicapped) while I watched the typhoon blow through, listened to the music of mnature's anger unleashed and read a good book.

After the Wavelle I expecvted another quick jolt with the light, but was very pleasantly surprised by the smooth even draw and rich (not sharp) spicy start. I had a nice, fairly even burn throughout (by fairly even I mean that from halfway down one edge was consistantly 2-3mm further down than the other) and the flavor of spice slowly receded to a woodsy with a hint of leather (I thin - still developing the palate). The aroma was so great that it was almost like a meditation incense and I actually lost track of the time as I was engrossed in the book and flavors of the cigar. Quite a few times I set the book aside and just enjoyed the cigar alone while watching the trees dance in teh howling wind and driving rain (an oddity for me, since I live in books, always read if I'm smoking alone and rarely does the cigar draw me away from a book).

In a blink of an eye I was removing the band and only progressed a disappointing 70 pages in the hour and a half it took to get there (I usually average 80 - 100 pgs an hour in recreational reading) but it was time well spent and thouroughly enjoyed. I set the book down as the rain faded and walked to the edge to finish the cigar while looking out at teh river and ocean (both visable from the stair's balcony) then retired a great smoke. I took a few moments to reflect on the afternoon before returning home.

I may consider a box of these, after I make room in my pitiful 50 'gar Humi.

All in all, Platinum star was just that. At least to me.

Nice reviews Treamayne! I have a 5er of the LVH cedar chateau #2 that I have been itching to try. I think I had my coolidor too wet for awhile though So I am going to let em sit until August. After reading your revies I definitely want to pick up some LVH EY as well.

Matt

Thanks.... my first attempt at a review. Wasn't sure I actually said anything useful.

One small nitpick. I took me forever to figure out what LVH-EY was. :)

Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the review I have been wondering what these were like. I just got back from Mexico and this brand is all over the place down there. All you see are these, Te Amo, ISOM (real and fake)and maybe a few others.

kingpin said:
Thanks for the review I have been wondering what these were like. I just got back from Mexico and this brand is all over the place down there. All you see are these, Te Amo, ISOM (real and fake)and maybe a few others.
Wow - glad it helps.

Te gustas Mexico? I learned Spanish in Detroit (of all places) with very few chances to really practice - always wanted to go though. At least I can use it in my Tagalog here when I speak to the Filipinos.

Tagalog is the official language of the Philippines. They were occupied by spain for so long that the vocabulary is well over 50% spanish (with some spelling changes)
Mesa = Mesa
Libro = Libro
Trabajo = Trabaho
However - gramatically it is quite different...
Yo trabajo a la manana = Magtatrabaho ka sa bukas

Check here for more

Just passed a WD (the first review) off to Smokersonly (Matt R) ... we'll have to get him to weigh in once he tries it.