• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Motor City / Panhandle Herfs

Treamayne

On the run...
Hey all - Just got a tentative schedule about my trip to the states. Seems I'll be in the Detroit Area from July 4th weekend (sometime - don't know which day I'll fly) until the 18th or so then off to Florida (Ft Walton Beach area) for a month. I'll swing through Detroit one last time to pick up family before flying back to Oki on or about Aug 2?.

Anyone in these areas up for a meet and greet?

Treamayne said:
Hey all - Just got a tentative schedule about my trip to the states. Seems I'll be in the Detroit Area from July 4th weekend (sometime - don't know which day I'll fly) until the 18th or so then off to Florida (Ft Walton Beach area) for a month. I'll swing through Detroit one last time to pick up family before flying back to Oki on or about Aug 2?.

Anyone in these areas up for a meet and greet?
Hey Karl, I dont know what my schedule will be yet for the fourth, but I'm sure we could get a group together sometime in there. Im gone on the weekend after the fourth to go up to the thumb, but could get together after that during the week.

A few friends and I like to get together about once a week to watch some sports, but since the Pistons dispatched the Lakers sooooo quickly, we are left with just the Tigers for now.
I can check the schedule, maybe we can take in a game and a smoke? Either that, or maybe head up to Rogers Roost in Sterling Hgts, Im up for suggestions. :D

John V. Roseville MI camaroon4me at aol dot com

Posted more info on this developing matter in the Cigar Events section. (Not sure which is the best place for Herf threads - since the sees to be in both)

So.... I would like to see if I can get together with some CP buds whilst I tour the good old US before returning to my Asian exile.

I'll be in MI (Metro Detroit Area) from 6-17 July and would like to have the EML CoA Herf I there in this time - if we can find an agreeable day / time / place.

I then fly down to the Fort Walton Beach area in FL for some training from 19 Jul to 20 Aug. What are the chances of a EML CoA Herf II during this month long time frame (assuming any of you Floridians are in that area). I'll be tied down to the immediate surroundings (and may not even have a car - still fighting for Rental Car authority) but hope to have enough time to meet with you southern CPers.

Well, who's interested??

Treamayne said:
So.... I would like to see if I can get together with some CP buds whilst I tour the good old US before returning to my Asian exile.

I'll be in MI (Metro Detroit Area) from 6-17 July and would like to have the EML CoA Herf I there in this time - if we can find an agreeable day / time / place.

I then fly down to the Fort Walton Beach area in FL for some training from 19 Jul to 20 Aug. What are the chances of a EML CoA Herf II during this month long time frame (assuming any of you Floridians are in that area). I'll be tied down to the immediate surroundings (and may not even have a car - still fighting for Rental Car authority) but hope to have enough time to meet with you southern CPers.

Well, who's interested??
I made it to Detriot - Now in Warren. Anyone around this weekend?

I know that Ft Walton Beach is up in the Pan Handle area close to Alabama so you may more in luck meeting up with them fellas. I'm in the Daytona Beach / Orlando area which is a good ride, approximately 450 miles away. If you make it down this way by chance, we can get together for a smoke or three..... :D :thumbs: :p

stogieman said:
I know that Ft Walton Beach is up in the Pan Handle area close to Alabama so you may more in luck meeting up with them fellas. I'm in the Daytona Beach / Orlando area which is a good ride, approximately 450 miles away. If you make it down this way by chance, we can get together for a smoke or three..... :D :thumbs: :p
I'll have a rental car and a couple of weekends to entertain myself. I've never been south of Destin yet.... could eb a good reason to go exploring.

Treamayne said:
Treamayne said:

Well, who's interested??
I made it to Detriot - Now in Warren. Anyone around this weekend?
I'm gonna be gone starting Friday thru Sunday, but will be home next week. Would be fun to get together then. What night next week would be good for you? We like to try to go out on Wednesdays for some reason. We usually go up to Rogers Roost at Schoenherr and 14 Mile.
Let me know if you are interested, and I hope you enjoy your time off, I'm sure you deserve it very much!

John V. camaroon4me at aol dot com

Wed Sch and 14 - Roger's Roost. Sounds great...any particular time? You there ronight, or not till next week?

-K-

Treamayne said:
Wed Sch and 14 - Roger's Roost. Sounds great...any particular time? You there ronight, or not till next week?

-K-
Im thinking around 7ish. I was busy taking care of a disabled friend tonight, but next Wed should be good. Looking forward to meeting you, hope maybe some others will come from the area, but not sure how many more there are, Im still a newbie around here! :D
JV

Matt said he was going to try to make it when I met him tonight. We'll see how many guys we can get out there. See ya then....

Well it's official then! I will try to get a few of my buds to show up too! They have great food there, as well as a nice beer selection including some microbrews :love:

They might have a band as well, not quite sure. If you arent familiar with this place, when you get there, just head into the Rhino Room, this is their smoking section.

Map to Rogers Roost Looking forward to next week!

John V.

Don't know the place but I know the area (My condo is btwn 12/Ryan and 13/Mound - almost dead center in the square mile...)

Not sure how many other metro area CPers there are but I'll see ya round then.

Treamayne said:
Don't know the place but I know the area (My condo is btwn 12/Ryan and 13/Mound - almost dead center in the square mile...)

We still on for this tomorrow? Should be John, Matt and myself you are still up for it. What time shall we meet at teh Roost?

Any other Metro area CPers? Y'all are welcome to come out!

Treamayne said:
Treamayne said:

We still on for this tomorrow? Should be John, Matt and myself you are still up for it. What time shall we meet at teh Roost?

Any other Metro area CPers? Y'all are welcome to come out!
Were still on guys! I invited a few more friends that I just found out were smokers over the weekend!
Im planning on being there at 7pm, hows that sound?
Anyone bringing anything extra for trades?

JV

Anyone bringing anything extra for trades?

Absolutely... to include the Opus Xs that I found at a store at 15 and Old Woodward (Churchill's of Birmingham)

And I have a couple gifts for ya John.

First meet a success... John, Dale and I (Missed you Matt!) got together at the Roost, had some good food, beverages and (of course) smokes. We had some trading going on and John's Cohiba had an ash that held for over half the total length of the stick!

John took a couple pics too and said he'd post when after developing them.

Now on to FL on Sun....

I know that Ft Walton Beach is up in the Pan Handle area close to Alabama so you may more in luck meeting up with them fellas. I'm in the Daytona Beach / Orlando area which is a good ride, approximately 450 miles away. If you make it down this way by chance, we can get together for a smoke or three.....

Stogieman... when and where might I find you and do you know of any other Floridian brothers that might be interested?

I'm in Ft Walton Beach from 18 Jul to 20 Aug.

Treamayne said:
First meet a success... John, Dale and I (Missed you Matt!) got together at the Roost, had some good food, beverages and (of course) smokes. We had some trading going on and John's Cohiba had an ash that held for over half the total length of the stick!

John took a couple pics too and said he'd post when after developing them.

Now on to FL on Sun....

I know that Ft Walton Beach is up in the Pan Handle area close to Alabama so you may more in luck meeting up with them fellas. I'm in the Daytona Beach / Orlando area which is a good ride, approximately 450 miles away. If you make it down this way by chance, we can get together for a smoke or three.....

Stogieman... when and where might I find you and do you know of any other Floridian brothers that might be interested?

I'm in Ft Walton Beach from 18 Jul to 20 Aug.
All I can say is WOW! karl really hooked me up! :D :D :D :thumbs: We had a great time, good food and a lesson in Asian writing techniques and customs!
What a great day for me, I got some top notch isoms :love: , as well as an Opus X :0 , what more could a brother ask for!

Thanks Karl for the great smokes, you truly are a great BOTL and I look forward to the next time you are in town. Keep up the great work in the AF, hope you get your promotion passed.

Pics will be posted after development.

JV

A couple of mugs from the Motor City Herf at Rogers Roost

HerfinattheRoost-JohnkarlDale.jpg

John (Camaroon4me) Karl (Treamayne) and the Infamous:Dale(Cigarwolverine52)

Even in the pic your ash was going strong John.....

That was one good 'gar you had... where's the pic of the ash you took?

-K-