• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

gamelover2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibu

Hey,

There is a newbie pass just underway hosted by areoswat that recently had some activity that I wasn't sure if everyone is aware of.

One of the new guys that joined up was gamelover2004. Around page 4 of the thread guys from other boards start showing up to watch the passes action and keep an eye on gamelovers activities. When asked whats up milesmingusmonk comes up with the answer that it might have something to do with gamelover being on the Scumbags and Bad Traders List If you follow the link and move down the list to the (i say it's orange) entry not quite half way down you will in fact find an entry for Gamelover2004.
Gamelover2004 (AKA Gamelover16365) Steven Myers "Pay it forward" scammer on several boards. Receives primos, and sends "yard gars."

Gamelover2004 ended up being dropped from the pass when he didn't respond to the pass hosts requests to contact him, so he is no longer an issue in that pass. I asked Van55 for some links though on how this reputaion was earned and was provided with this. I read through the posts there and after reading post numbers 35, 53, and 69, among others. I myself concluded that as far as I was concearned, in my opinion, the charges made against him were not made lightly in any way.

After having read all of this I noticed that Gamelover2004 had indeed started a PIF pass of his own right here in his new home cigar pass and became concearned. I in no way want to be unfair to the guy. He really doesn't seem to have done anything too bad around here so far (although as oldrover points out others have been warned before and ended up getting burned). If you look at things he really doesn't make any bones about liking the lower end smokes so it's not like someone should be suprised if thats what they get I supose.I made a couple posts in the nebie pass mentioned and have sent some PM's as well, but felt that I should bring this to the attention of the community at large here as well. We have a very well established tradition of looking out for each other in our little community here and felt everyone should at least be aware of the situation.

If you have read all of this but feel you have gotten a fair shake from the guy and like him, and want to do business with him, then I have no reason to argue with you over it, by all means go ahead in that case. My only interest is in just making sure people are at least going into dealings with him with their eyes open.

Way to keep an eye out for the members :thumbs:

Very well put :thumbs: . I don't think a responsible parent would leave their child alone in a room with a convicted child molester now do you?

Pity, true pity in the making.

Beware of the persecuters, rather than the persecuted. ???

intresting info to know, thanks for keepin us informed, btw was reading that page over, cf members got stiffed allot.

Unbelievable :angry: And to think I thought he was just a bit misguided.

Thanks for airing out his dirty laundry, very much appreciated! :thumbs:

You know, I tried to work a deal for one of the game systems he was selling and start a conversation about his disability {I am also disabled do to sever chronic pain from botched surgeries} and He would not send his stuff out first, and he was a bit off on his "health problems and treatments" Kind of set me off on him. I guess I should have seen the flag! ???

Beware of the persecuters, rather than the persecuted.
Unless it's Shuji aka Rufus "Charlie" Rhodes.

He is a perfect example of someone who was persecuted here and deserves every last bit of it.

This SCUMBAG still owes me money and cigars.

I've only dealth with him once, but exchanged PM's for a bit. He was very prompt, very courteous and I'd even say compassionate. I'm not trying to defend what he has/has not done, but I'd deal with him again in a second.

***THREADJACK ON***

Hey Josh, GREAT new avatar :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

***THREADJACK OFF***

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

coventrycat86 said:
***THREADJACK ON***

Hey Josh, GREAT new avatar :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

***THREADJACK OFF***

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....
Oh great! Way to go CC! Your not only a post padder, now your a thread jacker as well!! Man oh man. I'm not even sure which is worse either.
:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

CC, I really seriously agree with your caracterization (or a word spelled similar to that) of Shuji. I'm kind of suprised he hasn't been added to the Bad Traders Scum Bag list yet. If I had been jacked around like you and many others around here were I would definately contact someone and have him added. I would think about the only person that would disagree would be the guy that offered to make good on all of Shuji's bad deals if he didn't get around to covering them all himself within two months.

I tried to email orm (the guy who built the scumbag list) and ask him to look into adding Shuji, but my email was returned undeliverable, and I have no other avenue. I gave Charlie the BOTD and he proved to me that he did not deserve it :(

But, me being who I am, and many of you know me for this very flaw....I stand by a guy, till I see I shouldn't. And I also stand by my last post on this thread

I'm kind of suprised he hasn't been added to the Bad Traders Scum Bag list yet.
I thought about that Steve but since Shushi isn't active on any other sites that I know about, adding him to that list probably wouldn't do much other than putting a big smile on my face everytime I go to that site just to listen to the "Theme from COPS" :D

I say do it. I seen Van55 mention on another site that it was started by a friend of his. Perhaps if there are email issues Van55 would be able to help with getting the listing added. I would do it if he had burned me.

Nice post Gibu...... very well put together and to the point. I would think most people could draw a logical conclusion from it especially after reading some of the comments from other boards.

Those of you who feel because you traded with him once and had a good result that you would do it again please reframe from posting here when you get the long end of the stick. We've had ripoff's and mooches around here before (and will continue to have them) and I challenge anyone here to show me one that corrected his ways. Its just a matter of time.

Gibu and I had a PM conversation some time ago about communicating with people in a positive way. As some of you know, I'm like a bull in a china cabinet.... I say what I feel and don't make many bones about it. I see things as black and white...mostly. Character and trust is earned by who you are and what you do on a daily basis. A simple indescretion is enough to damage ones character depending on the severity. I don't look at someones screwups if they're not blatant. Whats more important is how the individual responds to those screwups. Most screwups continue to be screwups. They're not hard to pick out if you don't close your eyes.

....and thats as positive as I can say it. ;) :)

I have to disagree with you asking people who had good dealings not to post. The ability to present both sides of the story is what America is all about. We have a man being publicly humiliated here and to say he can't defend himself or be defended is ridiculous. We are all wise enough to see both sides of the story and choose what to do.

Me for instance, I have had only one dealing with gameslover, and it was fine. However, having read all this I will now not deal with him again.

Ummmmm...who said he couldn't post? All I said is anyone wanting to continue to deal with this bozo to not come whining here when you become the next victim.

If Gamelover wants to defend himself have at it....... I think I covered that in my "How someone responds to screwups" remarks.

Allofus123 said:
Those of you who feel because you traded with him once and had a good result that you would do it again please reframe from posting here when you get the long end of the stick.
This says to me...

"If you decide to do a trade with him, and you get Burned, well....we warned you, so take it like a man and don't be bitchin' to us about it"

And I agree with that 100% though I might have used the word SHORT instead of LONG ;)

Allofus123 said:
Those of you who feel because you traded with him once and had a good result that you would do it again please reframe from posting here when you get the long end of the stick.
Thats how I read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.