• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about Cigar 'seconds'

Augie754

I've done some research and found some info on Seconds from an old online post. I converted it to a Acrobat Reader File, but the info is from 1998 or something. I was wondering if there was any new info on other brands or just some newer updates.

The list is here.

Web Page

Any help would be great.

There is no longer a Acrobat file.

thanks for the link.
I knew about some of them, but this is a much better list.

:thumbs:

oh yeah,
welcome to CP dude! be sure to post an intro thread in the Lobbyt to let us know a little more about you.

Definitely a great link :thumbs: Gotta find me some Flor de Ybor - #85

Base on the "Seconds" list, can you all recommend a couple of bundles or brands that I can purchase for trying and aging ?
Thanks.

I have only bought a couple of bundles of seconds, Perdomo Cuban Cafe and Indian Tabac Super Fuerte. I was happy with both and they smoked the same as the first rate ones for about a $1 a stick. You should check out Cigarbid they have some great prices. Right now they have Perdomo 2 Cameroon Milenario mistakes with the auction ending tomorrow night. You should be able to get these for under $40 for 25. These are very good smokes and I've heard they are the same as the regulars. They also have El Credito who make the La Gloria Cubana, these are strong. And Super-Premium 2nds by Villazon Rothschild Maduro home of Punch & Hoyo de Monterrey.

Scott

That is a nice document there!
I have been saving conversion lists people post on seconds, and have this one on the Connies:

No. Size Best Villazon Matches (Note: Only most widely available sizes listed.)
#1 6.5X42 ULT Cetro, PUNCH Oxford Deluxe
#2 4.5X28 ULT Habanella, PUNCH Slim Panatella
#3 5.5X43 BF Corona, HDM Tubo, BELINDA Spanish Twist
#5 5.5X37 ULT Petit Cetro, ERDM Tino, EXCAL VI
#8 5.5X28 ERDM Elegantes
#9 4.5X50 PUNCH/HDM/ULT Rothschild
#10 5X41 PUNCH London club, HDM Sabrosos
#108 6.5X46 ULT Cab 10
#14 7.25X54 BF 754, ULT 1,ULT Cab 60, ERDM Robusto Suprema, HDM Sultans, PUNCH Chateau L
#15 6.25X45 EXCAL II, HDM Churchill
#16 6X48 PUNCH Pita
#17 5.5X47 HDM Café Royale, PGC Superior
#18 7.25X46 BELINDA 1835, PUNCH After Dinner
#25 6.75X48 FDA Prominente, BF/ULT/HDM/PUNCH Doub. Corona, EXCAL Banquet, PGC Monarcha
#26 5.5X42
#28 8.5X52 ULT/HDM/PUNCH Presidente, EXCAL Emperor, ERDM Coronation, PGC Prince Consort
#29 6X41
#30 5.25X50 ULT Cab 20, EXCAL Epicure, PUNCH Corona Gorda Deluxe, PGC Robusto
#68 5X37 FDA Especiale 5, BF Palmita, ERDM Reynita
#70 5.5X44 ERDM Corona, HDM Super Hoyo, PUNCH Café Royales, PUNCH Royal Coronation
#72 5X54 BF 554, ULT Cab 40, ERDM Robusto Zavalla, ERDM Robusto
#73 6X54 FDA Regordo, BF 654, ULT Cab 50, ERDM Reserva Salado
#73M 6X54 ULT Principale, ERDM Robusto Larga
#84T 6X54 ERDM Flor de Llaneza, PGC No. 2
#84B 6X50 FDA/ULT, BF Belicoso

I've updated the Consuegra part of the file from your post, Txmatt. It now has the same list you did included. You may want to review it, I removed all the abbreviations you had and listed the full name.

Hey Tom,

Great FAQ you have going there. I ripped that list from someone ele's post, I am not sure if I found it here, CW or CS.

This is a great list he had going here. Please FOGs help Tom by providing him additional information for him to include.

I appreciate your work on it!
Matt

I sell the Old Fashioned (Macanudo) like crazy!!! Ive never tried one yet, not a fan of macanudo.

-matt

smokers only said:
I sell the Old Fashioned (Macanudo) like crazy!!! Ive never tried one yet, not a fan of macanudo.

-matt
Hey Matt,

you might be missing half the picture.. The sticks with 3 digits, such as #749
are Mac seconds. The ones with 2 digits are Partagas seconds. Get a 2 digit Old Fashioned with a Maddie wrapper and chances are its a decent smoke..

--Matt

By the way, my name is not Tom. Tom Mullaney was the guy who originally made the list in 1998. It hasn't been updated since and I was unable to contact him, so I'm trying to update further. I still have his name on the list since he did most of it.

By the way I added a Web version of the list in addition to the Acrobat Version. Both links are now in the original post.

I spent a bit this afternoon working on getting a bit more Old Fashioned information. I haven't corellated any of the 1 digit (Punch/HdM) sticks to their 1st quality counterparts however I did find the sizes. I also filled in a few gaps on your Macanudo and Partagas ones.

Old Fashioned #1 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 6 1/8 x 50
Old Fashioned #2 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 6 3/4 x 48
Old Fashioned #3 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 4 1/2 x 50
Old Fashioned #4 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 5 3/4 X 45
Old Fashioned #5 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 6 1/2 X 43
Old Fashioned #6 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 5 1/2 X 38
Old Fashioned #7 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 7 3/4 X 54
Old Fashioned #8 - Punch/Hoyo Seconds - 6 1/2 X 54

Old Fashioned Chico Cameroon - Partagas Purito Seconds - 4.188 x 32
Old Fashioned #38 - Partagas Almirante Seconds - 6 1/4 x 47
Old Fashioned #41 - Partagas Naturales Seconds - 5 1/2 x 49
Old Fashioned #42 - 4 1/2 X 49
Old Fashioned #46 - 7 X 52
Old Fashioned #50 - 4 1/8 X 32

Old Fashioned Chico Natural/Cafe - Macanudo Ascot Seconds - 4.188 x 32
Old Fashioned #400 - Macanudo Petite Corona Seconds - 5 x 38
Old Fashioned #555 - 5 1/2 X 49
Old Fashioned #745 - 7 X 45
Old Fashioned #850 - 8 X 52
Old Fashioned #947 - 7 1/2 X 49

guys you are all great, but I have one question, where in the world do you all find the time to do all this research? I am lucky to find a cigar, cutter, lighter before my leisure time runs out!! NO time ever it seems for mischief!! FMF

Ok, I think I have everything updated with the newest info on Old Fashioned.

Thanks

I just bought Punch seconds and they are great. The shop also had Mac's and Partagas seconds.
You can find them at the online site bighumidor.com. Might have to ask which is which.

BeefCake,
Ya, the ones on BigHumidor.com seem to be 'Old Fashioned' as stated in the Seconds list. There are many places to buy them. For a list of some check the site in my sig

I've updated some things on the second list. The Flor de Ybor section now has sizes listed. I also move Consuegra (Connies) to the Verified section, since everyone seems to agree on this. Plus fixed a couple of small grammer mistakes. If you guys notice anything please notify me by posting a reply to this thread.

Thanks