• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Auchentoshan 21 yo Lowland Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Auchentoshan 21 Year Old Lowland Scotch, 750ml, Presentation Box, standard bottle, 86 proof, about $115-140.

Auchentoshan%2021.JPG

Auchentoshan is one of the few Lowland single malts available. It is also about the only one that is triple distilled with a wash still, intermediate and spirit still. Oddly enough this is owned by Morrison-Bowmore of the well know Islay Scotch with a small stake from Suntory of Japan.

The wife and I went to one of her friend's birthday party on Saturday. After eating entirely too much food and swimming in their pool I was pretty beat by the time we got home. A nice scotch was all I needed to complete the day.

Auchentoshan is a fairly light in color and nose scotch. Vanilla and grass mix with a slight sweetness from citrus. The taste is clean with hints of nuts and a slight oiliness that departs quicky leaving a crispness behind. This Auchentoshan finishes well with some oak and orange fading at a medium rate. This is a nice clean scotch, not terribly complex or subtle but a fine example of a lowland style.

IMO, most should try the Auchentoshan 3 wood (about $35-40 reviewed by CP member PaulMac here) before spending over a hundred for this particular scotch. If you like the 3 wood and want to move up the line then by all means look into the Auchentoshan 21 yo.

I see when I review a scotch nobody knows how to pronounce it gets less views. Discrimination, pure and simple. :0

Thanks, AVB, for another great review. I hope you realize that I am living part of my life through you. Got the cigar budget appoved, still working on the scotch budget ;) . Maybe when I cut down on the golf budget...

Priorities man, priorities! Remember you don't need any special equipment to enjoy scotch. You can enjoy scotch at 3 AM in your underware, try that with golf! :p :p