• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenfiddich 15yo Cask Strength

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Glenfiddich 15yo Cask Strength Scotch, standard Glenfiddich triangular bottle, presentation tube, 105 proof, about $80-100 if you can find someone selling one here. Not available in the US.

Glenfiddich%2015%20Cask%20Strength.JPG

Glenfiddich Cask Strength is a duty free bottle and is not made on a regular basis therefore; it can command a fairly high price in the US if you find someone who has it. In the Duty Free store it is about $50.

Today we got the last piece of the puzzle done in our upgrade from NT 4.0 to Server 2003 and Active directory. Overall, it went very well except for WINS, which didn't want to work at the primary location. A little registry edit in the proper place (once we figured it out) was all it took. :thumbs:

To celebrate I took my team out for dinner and once I got home I cracked open a celebratory drink of the Glenfiddich Cask Strength Scotch. One of the first things you notice is that the bottle is solid black. It can't be seen through even when you hold it up top the light. While that looks cool it also means you really have no idea how much you have left in the bottle. ;)

Professional reviewers have long said Glenfiddich has a hint of bananas in its nose and flavor. I never really noticed it until I bought this bottle; very faint to me but it is there. While one would think there shouldn't be too much difference between the standard 12yo and this bottling it turns out that there is.

The Cask Strength is fresher for lack of a better term, a bit more snap in the flavors with a bit less sherry influence then the 12 or 18 yo versions. The oranges and apples are still there (along with that hint of banana) and so is the light peating you expect of Glenfiddich. It finishes very well with a medium length and little alcohol burn from something 105 proof. A dash of water does bring out a better nosing but mutes a little of the zing this malt has.

Overall, if you see it in some airport it is worth picking up but it isn't one I'd go out of my way to track down here in the states. Still, a nice addition if you have a collection.

You're welcome :)

You may have to grab Other1 and wander down this way some time to try some of these out.

Sounds like a plan. It just ashame that you live in the middle of nowhere :0