• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you light your cigar?

How do you light your cigar?

• Butane lighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matches

• Off the stove burner

• Some other way

• Total voters
Colibri torch... but matches also work well in the garage when we play poker!

I use a Blazer Torch most of the time. Unless the cigar I'm lighting has a cedar wrap, then I use that.

I use a Zippo myself, unless I plan on smoking in windy conditions. Then I pack my Colibri Quantum.

coventrycat86 said:
Zippo.

I hate butane lighters :angry:
It's just the resistance to change all Republicans have CC. Someday you'll have to face the future. :p :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
Most people complain about the taste of zippo fuel... I have heard that letting it burn for 10 seconds before use will help. I have found large wooden kitchen matches pruduce a nice flame similar to a zippo. :)

I find zapping the end with a torch lighter is the easiest way for me to get an even burn started. On smaller ring gauges matches work well for me.

coventrycat86 said:
Zippo.

I agree!

Zippo's are the best no fuss lighter around. :thumbs:

The fuel taste. Gone in two puffs.

I've used many ways, never really got a strange taste from any. I use my zippo. Mainly because it says Tennessee on it, and I love them Vols. I used to have a Solo for backpacking, but lost it. The zippo has been giving me some trouble lately so I'm looking at a Colibri.

I use a piece of cedar to light my sticks. If a piece is not available the bic does the trick :thumbs:

Wascal said:
coventrycat86 said:
Zippo.

It's just the resistance to change all Republicans have CC. Someday you'll have to face the future. :p :sign:
:D Ya got me figured out that's for sure ;)

Actually, knowing that I'm too irresponsible to own a nice lighter, I resist the temptation. I know that if I spent big $$$ on a lighter, I'd lose it within the week. Now of course all those $5.00 Zippos I pick up at tag sales NEVER get lost but again, the minute I buy a "nice" lighter, it'll be gone.

I also have never noticed any ill effects from the lighter fluid (Ronson or Zippo) that has come up many times before. Maybe my sense of taste is shot but I'd challenge anyone to see if they REALLY could tell that someone lit their cigar with a Zippo ;)

I use matches, been thinking about getting a butane lighter, but have never quite got around to it.

Maybe I should see if I can get the wife to buy me one for Christmass. :)

I like to use wooden "strike anywhere" matches in my cruiser (since that's where I am most of the time! ??? ) I lost a nice Colibri somewhere so now I have a butane or two for windy conditions.

Some day I'll get another nice lighteer.

Floyd T. :sign: