• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dalmore 21 yo Single Malt

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
The Dalmore 21 yo, short rectangular bottle, box, 86 proof, 750ml, about $60-75.

Dalmore%2021.JPG

Having been lucky enough to avoid the need to go out shopping this weekend I did venture out to buy some shelves for my wife's studio, figuring that Sunday afternoon would be fairly empty compared to the last few days. Once I hit the roads I wouldn't call it empty but at least it was less than rush hour.

Once we got home the wife is doing some left over turkey magic and I'm sipping on this Dalmore writing this review.

Dalmore is one of the few brands that are really much cheaper here in the US then in the UK. My bottle was $64 with tax out the door but in the UK it sells for over $110 equivalent (60£). That, however, is about to change with the new 30yo Gonzalez Bypass, which is in the $225 range here but about $160 there.

The nose of this 21 yo Dalmore is big, not to the point of huge but big. Full of sherry, peaches/apricots and orange all mixed with a bit of malt. The first tasting shows off the orange with a sweet sherry and a backbone of oak. The finish is shorter than I would have liked or thought given the strength of the flavors. Some smokiness does linger but not too strongly.

One of the better buys in a 21yo scotch if you like the Balvenie style but with a bit more rough edges and less honey. Overall a rather nice dram but not exceptional (although very few are), still worth buying instead of another Glenlivet 21yo and much cheaper too.

Good review AVB, as always. Hope you and the Mrs had a great Thanksgiving.

One of these days I will review again, just school been crazy lately and with no income, I not purchasing as much either lol
Great review as always AVB

PaulMac