• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Black

loanshark

Body of a member. Heart of a Newbie
I am becoming a CAO fan and I was wondering if anyone has tryed the CAO Blacks. I won a box from CB and I am letting them mellow. I was just wondering what I am in for. :cool:

I really like them, I've had some in the humi non-stop for a few years now.

They are nice cigars, somewhat mild for my tastes but I've gone through a box or 2 in the past 2 years

I am a big fan of them, particularly the Gothics which are the strongest of the bunch. They are not as good as the original release ones but they are still pretty durn tasty. I think they are CAO's most balanced cigar and they make a great afternoon smoke.

I had the "new" CAO black, and found it to be a very nice, a medium bodied cigar. The construction was very nice - the draw was exceptional (very nice creamy smoke). This is not a bad cigar - I want to see what age will do to these. I'm thinking it can only improve.

I just found a stash of the older CAO blacks at one of my local retailers and bought a box. These had been sitting around for 4+ years. What an incredible smoke - this is not the same as the "new" CAO blend. IMO, it is a more medium to full bodied cigar with some great flavor. Too bad these are not still around or this would be one of my "go to" smokes.

Thanks to GGiese I have a few of the older ones sitting in my humi now. Going to lite one of them up this weekend.

Back