• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first review of

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
Hey all, time to get my feet wet with my first review, hope you like it.
The Cigar:CAO Gold Natural, 5x50, Robusto
Purchased:2/1/05
Smoked:3/30/05
Stored:My first humi (approx 70/65) for 6 wks.
Construction:Visually, very nice construction, a little spongy, but not wet
Wrapper:Natural wrapper, very veiney, nice aroma to it b4 lighting, no tears or holes
Lighting up: I punched it and then toasted the foot, nice aroma. Lit up the entire cigar, was nice even burn.
Ash:Medium gray to light grey ash, held on for about 1 1/2" b4 falliing off into my lap.
Smoke and Draw:Nice amount of smoke, and a nnice easy, consistant draw
Overall experience:The first puff or 2 was a little bitter, but the flavors came on shortly after that. It began with a nutmeg/woodsy taste, about 1/2 way through it got a vanilla/cream taste to it. At about the 3/4 mark, the wrapper began to unravel, making it unsmokable. I was unable to smoke the entire cigar due to this.
Final verdict:Aside from the unraveling, this was a very good smoke. Not as complex as some of the maduro's i have tried, but a nice smoke with changing flavors as the smoke progressed.I won't assign a number rating to this, but I will say it is on my "buy" list in my log book. I enjoy a creamy tasting cigar, and this one certainly fit the bill at the mid-way point. The smoke was accompanied by a nice cup of Kona coffee. All in all, a very nice cigar, I am looking foward to trying more of the CAO line of products. I will give it a :) :) :) out of :) :) :) :) :) due to the unraveling near the end.

Very nice review, especially for your first one, bravo!

I also like the CAO line, I just tried my first Italia Robusto on St.Patty's day. It was very flavorful, had an excellent burn and construction, and rather large amounts of smoke. Definately on my "buy more" list.

JV

AVB said:
Nice review, put a CAO Black on your list now. :D
[snapback]176225[/snapback]​

got one bro, courtesy of ggeise, now i have to try it!

I had one of these gold rubusto's before and it had a very acidic/chemical taste :angry2: . I didn't like it at all but that is one of the only cao's I've had that I didn't like. Good job organizing your review, it would be nice if we had a format here that everyone could follow for reviews. For example wrapper, color, draw, taste etc.

This could work...

Cigar Name:
Purchase Price:
Cigar Size:
Wrapper:
Binder:
Filler:
Appearance:
Construction:
Burn:
Problems:
Ash Color:
Ash Structure:
Draw:
Aroma:
Smoke to:
Strength:
Additional comments:

:thumbs:

Rob_k said:
AVB said:
Nice review, put a CAO Black on your list now. :D

[snapback]176274[/snapback]​

Let's hear what you got to say about that one... ;)

P.S. - any signs of nausea from the CAO??? :laugh:

No nausea what so ever on the CAO...looking foward to the black label....thanks man
ggiese said:
Rob_k said:
AVB said:
Nice review, put a CAO Black on your list now.  :D

[snapback]176274[/snapback]​

Let's hear what you got to say about that one... ;)

P.S. - any signs of nausea from the CAO??? :laugh:
[snapback]176408[/snapback]​

I just had a CAO Gold Robusto for lunch today. I really like the whole CAO line I even (dare to say) have tryed there now Discontinued machine made line. Not to bad. The gold is a great mello smoke. :cool:

Back