• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My 4th Review

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
I won't follow my usuual format this time 'cause my verdict is rather simple.
It sucked. plain and simple, was not good at all. I lit it and tasted bitter as all heck. about 1/3rd into it, i had to toss it, yes it was that bad. now, maybe i caught a bad one, i do have a few others from a 5pk i bought, so i will give it another shot, but, eeewwww, what a dog rocket.
I have had a few gold CAO's and they were great, the cameroon's I am fond of as well, do it may have been a fluke. I have a few other reviews I will post this weekend, if you noobs do not keep a cigar journal, I would highly recommend you start one, has been very beneficial to me in remembering certain flavors and parings. take luck....Rob

While I do like some CAO's especially the Criollo, and the Brazilias, I found the Blacks terrible just as Rob stated.

WOW! I'm kinda shocked. Of all the line, Black is the best, IMHO. Crillo isn't too bad, I'd put it up there in the CAO charts. Try the MX2. And try another black. ;)

The orginal release (now pushing 5-6 years old) are awesome! :thumbs:

I felt the same way about the CAO Black. I also did not care for the CAO L'Anniversarre (sp?) that I had. I love the Brazilias, and the MX2 is very nice, IMHO.

I liked the CAO black I smoked, came in a slim gauge and was about 6 inches. It was well made and tasted great; CAO, Torano and Gurkha are my favorite medium priced lines.

Well if you don't like the blacks, I'll trade em for something in my humi.

KayakinBoy said:
WOW! I'm kinda shocked. Of all the line, Black is the best, IMHO. Crillo isn't too bad, I'd put it up there in the CAO charts. Try the MX2. And try another black. ;)

The orginal release (now pushing 5-6 years old) are awesome! :thumbs:
[snapback]194527[/snapback]​

I have been lucky enough to smoke two of the 1st run CAO blacks..(best damn cigar I ever smoked)and I have a new one in my humi....I hope I am not disapointed

The Criollo isn't bad, the one I had was a bit stronger than I expected. Brazilias have to be my favorite! Still need to try an Italia... :)