• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anything good from CAO?

Seamus

Minister of Closing Matters
Is it just me or does CAO not make anything worth smoking more than once. I've tried some stuff in the past and recently I've had a Criollo and an Italia. The Criollo could have been good but it was plugged and I've heard that's an issue with them and the Italia was ok for the first half but got harsh. I have a Maduro in the humi that I will smoke but I've yet had one that makes me want another.

Opinions...

I was just going to rave about the CAO camaroon I just smoked. Every time the robusto has been consistent. Smoked it to the nub today. The ash fell once half way down. Try the cameroon.

Ree

I really liked the Odyssey, although its too expensive. But if you don't consider that problem its a good cigar, well aged, big and oily. Great construction too, its a perfecto.

Try another Criollo, always enjoyed them and if anything they were a little loose on the draw....also like the Brazilias' and the CAO Maduro very much.

I tried a Criollo some time back, and it about wasted me. Damn - I felt like a 12 year old kid sneaking a smoke behind the woodshed.... :p Dizzy, sick to my stomach, etc. I've got an "eXtreme Maduro", a couple of CAO Blacks, and a couple of CAO Brazillia's in the humi that I've been too "chicken" to try......

Obviously well constructed smokes, but the experience with the Criollo realy set me back. Taste was "OK" but I don't recall it being anything special. Not sure why this whomped me as badly as it did....

FWIW - B.B.S.

Give the Criollo another try. Nice medium body. Cameroons are good too. A smoother but lighter smoke.

Yay for me 100th post *ticker tape parade*

And for actualy subject matter I buy up the brazillia line when I can find some. They have a good spice to them and I like them very much!

My experience has been mixed. I love the Brazilia's and to a lesser extent the Italia's. I have heard wonderful things about the CAO Black; but have yet to smoke one. I tried a Criollo awhile back and found it somewhat bland and it definately left my mouth dry; I have no desire to try another. I have recently smoke a couple of the Maduro's (I love Conn. Broadleaf), but found that they are just OK; I would rather smoke the Camacho SLR Maduro's.....

Italia and Brazilia are both good. I really enjoyed the Criollo and have never had an issue with them being plugged. Even the rather "snobbish" palate of a fellow BOTL in here and another board enjoyed the one I sent him . . . and he generally prefers the full bodied ISOMs.

I do not care for the CAO Black or Gold very much. Give the Criollo, Brazilia and Italia another try.

I've only tried the Cameroon and Black and liked them both.
My friend loves the Italia (but he's Italian).

I'll try to get a Black robusto ("Storm"?) out to you this week.
You too LC-Smoker.

I am a huge fan of the Italia and Brazilia lines... I do find they get a little harsh towards the end, so maybe try a longer stick (an Italia Gondola for example)

I REALLY like the CAO Blacks. Probably the best $5 cigar (CAO Black Frontier) I have in the humi.

Brazilia! Brazilia!!

just got my box of them today... yuuummmmmmy!
Criollo was pretty good too, but gotta stick with the Brazilia as my fav CAO.

I've had a few Brazilias (Sambas) and they were great. I got a pack of L'Anniversaire eXtreme's from Cbid today and am looking forward to trying one of them.

Man oh man, where to begin?
Am a huge sl_t for the Brazilia line. All sizes. Love the Brazilias on the tins too, great w/ morning coffee. :cool:
Their MX2s are also pretty sweet.
And then of course their CX2's will be coming out at RTDA next month .... double cameroon ... am already drooling!

:thumbs:

Back