• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Criollo Pampa

wk-mang

The "Salty Nuts" Dude
I received a box of the newly released CAO Criollo Pampas (4 x 40) on Thursday. For those of you who haven't seen the box... the presentation is great! It's a cabinet looking box that opens up (you flip it up and down) to reveal trays in the box that hold the cigars. Each cigar is wrapped in tissue (or toilet paper if you prefer.... LOL), sealed with a silk ribbon and the cigars are all pig-tailed!

I couldn't resist waiting so I torched on of these little suckers Friday afternoon after I got home from work. The shorty was gorgeous.... oily, silky, medium brown wrapper that was smooth as silk. The construction was awesome and the the pigtail and cap were beautiful. I clipped it and lit it.... AAAAAHHHHHH! There was some spice and this cigar was like no other CAO I've ever tasted... a unique flavor to it but it was wonderful. I'm not sure how to describe it... some spice, a slight bit of "twang" and solid tobacco flavors that kept building and developing as I kept smoking. This shorty was medium strength and produced tons of smoke. The cigar was a little wetter than I usually like as I only let it sit a day before I tried it. Still... a very enjoyable cigar!

I'll let this box sit for awhile and try another and see how it changes.... from this initial taste test I think it will definitely be better after a little rest. I think once I get it stablized at 65% RH (I smoke all my 'gars at 65%) I have a feeling the strength will pick up as will the flavors. I'd definitely recommend this new release from CAO!!! :thumbs:

Aloha,

Wade

Great Review!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: I've been waiting for those.

To bad, both my local tobacconist quit carrying CAO products. What a bummer. :angry:

Brother Wade, I picked up a box of the Criollo Pato (4 7/8 x 50) last Tuesday and finally got around to burning one tonight. You described it perfectly. Gorgeous, Oily, Silky, Wrapper that was smooth as silk, Construction was awesome, Pigtail/Cap beautiful.

I couldn't put my finger on the taste...... very different than any of the other CAO line. I found it to be light medium to medium in strenth. It smoked solid with a great draw and even burn. Going to let them sit a bit longer and smoke another before deciding my like or dislike. While I was not overwhelmed with its taste profile I wasn't disappointed either. Guess you can say I'm still on the fence with this one.

I thought the box they come in was worth the price of admission. That is one great looking presentation box.

I couldn't put my finger on the taste...... very different than any of the other CAO line. I found it to be light medium to medium in strenth. It smoked solid with a great draw and even burn. Going to let them sit a bit longer and smoke another before deciding my like or dislike. While I was not overwhelmed with its taste profile I wasn't disappointed either.

Well put Bruddah Kenny! I'm in total agreement on the taste... very interesting flavor that's hard to describe. It definitely isn't like any other CAO on the market but it's not like any other domestic cigar I've had either... LOL! I enjoyed the Pampa I had and feel that it will only get better with some age... it should be interesting to see how the CAO Criollo develops.

I thought the box they come in was worth the price of admission. That is one great looking presentation box

Totally agree! The cabinet outer box with the trays inside is gorgeous and really displays the cigars well! Heck... my daughter already has dibs on the box and plans on using it as a mini jewelry box for her costume jewelry and stuff... LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

and here we see The Beast using the very complicated method known as the "call attention to another post pad" post pad :D :sign:

however, before somone points it out, yes, yes, i have just pulled off the "call attention to the post padder calling attention to another post padder" post pad :0 :p

WEll then let me pad my posts with a "Dang newbie calling attention to the "call attention to the post padder calling attention to another post padder" post pad "

Gee this could get messy! :0

Geez... ya bunch of post padders! :p

Aloha,

Wade (who never post pads!)

.....like this! :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

i'm a newbie am i......

stupid computer keeps locking up can't even pad :(

Bruddah Wade! COnsider this a mooch attempt?

... and a damn shameless one too! LMAO! Ya gotta do better than that Bruddah Sam.... I need to see more effort! LOL!

Aloha,

Wade