• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Black Ltd. Edition Gothic

theorangeman

Reaction score
CAO Black Ltd. Edition Gothic
6.0" x 52 ring
Torpedo

I was gifted one of these a couple months ago and finally got around to smoking it. My first experience was very pleasurable, but before writing a review or thinking too highly of the stick, I thought I'd try another one first. Well, I had two more and same thing... very enjoyable smoke!

I don't hear much about these cigars, but it is by far, my favorite CAO. However, I'm also a guy that doesn't care too much for CAO (that is, until I tried the Black). It had many of the properties of a cigar that I enjoy. The stick is medium bodied, had a nice, even burn, and the ash held fairly uniform throughout the smoke. All the way through the flavor was quite good, never getting bitter towards the end (like some smokes). Although this cigar doesn't have a lot of complexity to it, I really enjoyed the medium bodied flavor.

Even better, you can pick them up in the $4 range. They really surprised me because it's the first CAO that I've had that I really liked and decided to buy more. It's not the best smoke I have in my humi, but in the $4.00 range, it is definitely right up there with some of the better value smokes that I have. I recommend it! :thumbs:

The CAO Black Frontier (the next size up) is my favorite CAO. Even at list price I think they are worth it which is saying alot for a cheap bastard like me. ;)

Haven't had the Frontier yet, only the Gothic and Bengal. I was about to completely write off CAO's, until I came across these. The other CAO that I still have yet to try but would like to experience is the Sopranos Boss. Not sure if it's worth the money, but I've heard good things about it.

Old thread, but still a good cigar! UPS just dropped off the box of Gothic's that I scored off of Cbid for 59.99 :) I'm a happy camper. :thumbs:

Old thread, but still a good cigar! UPS just dropped off the box of Gothic's that I scored off of Cbid for 59.99 :) I'm a happy camper. :thumbs:
Great price on a great cigar. It's also my favorite CAO blend but the Churchill(Frontier) is my fav front mark. It develops flavor in the last third that none of the other vitolas do.

I like other CAOs like the Anny Cameroon Beli, Brazilia Piranha, and LX2 Rob, to name a few.