• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Meeting with Marvin Samel, Founder of Drew Estates

slider9499

I just came from a luncheon with Marvin Samel, Co-Founder and Exec. VP with Drew Estate Cigars. We met to discuss the launch of the latest cigar from Drew Estate, the Chateau Real. The Chateau Real cigar has just hit the market and after tasting one I think cigar consumers are going to love it. It is more on the mild side of the flavor profile with nutty, earthy overtones that mellow out as the stick burns. Mine had a wonderful, consistent burn that created a beautiful long ash.

Marvin told me that the cigar has just been released in the states, no projected numbers had been provided. For those who are familiar with the Drew Estate line of cigars I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by this particular stick. In is a bit of a departure for Drew Estates, who usually make aromatic blends such as Ronin and Kuba Kuba. A mellower smoke that one may expect - more along the lines of a CAO Gold or a Macanudo but with more flavor then the latter.

We will be having a launch party for Chateau Real within the next several months so please keep an eye out for my posting. If anyone has any questions about this or Drew Estates please let me know

Nutty tones, eh? So what, do they dip this one in peanut butter :D
j/k

I am going to have to try one of the Drew Estates natural line sometime. But this new line sound interesting. :thumbs:

If they werent so good at blending aromatic cigars (I use the term "cigar" very loosely here) that appeal to the masses and make bundles of money, I think Drew Estates could make some damn fine cigars (Here I mean an actually tobacco product fit for smoking).

I would like to see Drew Estates expand their real cigar lines, becuase you know they have to have the resources to make some good things happen.

It sounds as if these aren't scented. I expect that's Steve Saka's influence. Bless him. :D

j/k

I am going to have to try one of the Drew Estates natural line sometime. But this new line sound interesting. :thumbs:

I still can't believe this, but the other night I had a dream about smoking the Natural Blackout. The funniest thing was that when I took a look at it the next day it didn't look anything like what it looked like in my dream. But I felt compelled to smoke it anyways... I've never had a 64 ring before, what shape to it!

It had hints of the classic Drew herbal botanicals, but not very overwhelming. It burned really well and had no bitterness. Not too suprising since I haven't ever sold a box of these and therefore they have been sitting in the humi for about a year and a half. It has two pin tails with the center of the 6 1/2" cigar bulging out to a 64 ring. It almost seemed like a novelty cigar, but then had a very nice taste to it.
I've smoked a bunch of the Dirt and Jucy Lucy's, and are currently are among my all time favorite short smokes.

Definitely try the Naturals... I'm curious to try the other Naturals now. The downside is the price. They seem on the expensive side.

Ted

j/k

I still can't believe this, but the other night I had a dream about smoking the Natural Blackout. The funniest thing was that when I took a look at it the next day it didn't look anything like what it looked like in my dream. But I felt compelled to smoke it anyways... I've never had a 64 ring before, what shape to it!

It had hints of the classic Drew herbal botanicals, but not very overwhelming. It burned really well and had no bitterness. Not too suprising since I haven't ever sold a box of these and therefore they have been sitting in the humi for about a year and a half. It has two pin tails with the center of the 6 1/2" cigar bulging out to a 64 ring. It almost seemed like a novelty cigar, but then had a very nice taste to it.
I've smoked a bunch of the Dirt and Jucy Lucy's, and are currently are among my all time favorite short smokes.

Definitely try the Naturals... I'm curious to try the other Naturals now. The downside is the price. They seem on the expensive side.

Ted

Concerning price, with the Canadian taxes as they sit now, I will be in heaven when I visit Casa Fuente and the Davidoff shop this June in Vegas. The local is asking over $60 for an Opus, $65 for a Padron '26 and $75 for a Davidoff 100th!!

But one of DE's regular smoke seems to be in order in the near future :thumbs:

Smoked a sample of this brought back from the RTDA, and it is true, no infusion or funny flavorings added to this line. It is a mild shade wrapped Nic. cigar.
Much along the line of a CAO Gold. Not a bad smoke at all.

cid_001c01c6fa5ff4148360172B185FBUD.jpg

j/k

Drew, Do you like coffee and chocolate? If so, you should try the Natural Dirt and the Natural Root. The Root has a pleasent mochachino flavor.

I conducted a blind taste test with the Root being one of the tested cigars.
Check out this link to see what others thought of them:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...hl=Natural+Root

Granted, not everyone liked them, most didn't. But the one person that I thought above all that would NOT like them, did like them...AVB. The Dirt is a smaller version having similar taste qualities IMHO to the Root, but not as strong.

The bottom line is that you owe it to yourself to try one. You should not depend on what other people say about ANY cigar because no one can tell YOU what YOU will like except YOU, and only by trying a cigar. And I firmly believe that you can't judge a cigar until you have smoked at least three of any size of any line of cigars before making a final detcision about that cigar.

... I'm curious to try the other Naturals now. The downside is the price. They seem on the expensive side.

Ted

Ted, I suggest you try the Root as well. If you liked the Dirt, you'll probably like the Root. One Natural I didn't like is the Natural Clean. I has a sweetened tip that was so sickeningly sweet to me, I did not enjoy it at all. But then I have only smoked one of them so I haven't written it off completely.

As I mentioned to Drew, no one can tell YOU what YOU will like except YOU, and only by trying a cigar. :)

I just came from a luncheon with Marvin Samel, Co-Founder and Exec. VP with Drew Estate Cigars. We met to discuss the launch of the latest cigar from Drew Estate, the Chateau Real. The Chateau Real cigar has just hit the market and after tasting one I think cigar consumers are going to love it. It is more on the mild side of the flavor profile with nutty, earthy overtones that mellow out as the stick burns. Mine had a wonderful, consistent burn that created a beautiful long ash.

Marvin told me that the cigar has just been released in the states, no projected numbers had been provided. For those who are familiar with the Drew Estate line of cigars I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by this particular stick. In is a bit of a departure for Drew Estates, who usually make aromatic blends such as Ronin and Kuba Kuba. A mellower smoke that one may expect - more along the lines of a CAO Gold or a Macanudo but with more flavor then the latter.

We will be having a launch party for Chateau Real within the next several months so please keep an eye out for my posting. If anyone has any questions about this or Drew Estates please let me know

Wake me when they come out with the Liga Privada No.9 -- now that was a great smoke.

I will be smoking these this week. I will let you know how they are and provide you with an update as to when they will be released