• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Habano Wrappers

Dave

Padilla Lanceros, yum yum!!
Like the topic says. I did some searching on this forum and found a few that use the wrapper:

CI Legends White (Camacho)
Carlos Torano Exodus 1959
RP Fusion
Monte Platinum

I wonder if there are any other cigars out there that use this type of wrapper. To my experience, the CI Legends White carried strong similarities in taste (a rich creamy vanilla-esque) as well as that patisserie freshly baked cookie aroma from the trail smoke when compared to the few ISOMs that I have had the pleasure of smoking.

If you have smoked any, including the ones in the list I mentioned above, and if you are able to, please compare it to the ISOMs that you have smoked. Such as would they have similar taste and trail smoke aroma properties that I have experienced with my CI Legends White? Then again, any and all input is appreciated.

Dave,

I have only smoked the Exodus 1959 and it nearly killed me. I would not liken it to any Habanos that I've had. Perhaps those who have made it through an entire cigar can comment further.

Would you mind explaining the term "trail smoke?"

Wilkey

My definition of trail smoke - the smoke that comes directly from the burning embers of the cigar foot.

My definition of trail smoke - the smoke that comes directly from the burning embers of the cigar foot.
Ahhhhhh, gotcha. I guess I never had a term for that but now I do. :thumbs:

So what do you call the drawn smoke?

BTW, check the fakes thread. I responded.

Wilkey

Ahhhhhh, gotcha. I guess I never had a term for that but now I do. :thumbs:

So what do you call the drawn smoke?

BTW, check the fakes thread. I responded.

Wilkey

Drawn smoke is as good a term. If the next question is "what would I call second hand smoke?" then... :laugh:

Dave,

I have only smoked the Exodus 1959 and it nearly killed me.

Pussy.

I've only smoked one of these and thought it was quite tasty. However, I didn't find it to be reminiscent of any Habanos I can think of.

I'm certain that the wrapper leaf is not grown in Cuba.
The seeds came from Cuba.... but the wrapper leaf was grown elsewhere. Alas ... Habanos seed wrapper or Cuban seed wrapper.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm certain that the wrapper leaf is not grown in Cuba.
The seeds came from Cuba.... but the wrapper leaf was grown elsewhere. Alas ... Habanos seed wrapper or Cuban seed wrapper.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I know, that is correct. The Exodus supposedly uses an H2000 wrapper, but I don't know much about it. I found this site that might be informative. Also, according to my "Punch Factory Visit" booklet, it states that all Hondouran tobacco was originally descended from Cuban tobacco. To include more tidbits, the Tatuaje tobacco are 1st generation Cuban Seed. I wonder if that has anything to attribute to their respective wonderful flavors.

You call it Habano wrapper, i would say, cuban seed wrappers !

Oliva uses them a lot on the masterblends for example
Gran Habano brand also
Rocky Patel, edge
La Flor Dominicana uses it on some of his lines

other people have hybrid seed wrappers, which combines cuban seed with for connecticut seed, ASP does dit a lot.

if you go online and visit the various website's of the cigar brands you will see that more people then you might think are using
cuban seed wrappers, mainly grown in Nicaragua - Jalapa, and a little in Jamastran - Honduras, burt also in Costa Rica, Mexico, Ecuador, Dominican Rep. and even in Indonesia they grow cuban seed wrapper.

bye BC

Although is may be the same seed, the end product will be much different. People say this is due to climate and soil conditions differentiating from other growing countries compared to Cuba.

I am not sure if I buy into the whole Habano seed thing. Almost seems like a marketing gimmick to me.

Dave,

I have only smoked the Exodus 1959 and it nearly killed me.

Pussy.

I've only smoked one of these and thought it was quite tasty. However, I didn't find it to be reminiscent of any Habanos I can think of.

I've had an Exodus 1959 and agree that it was fairly tasty. Plus, CA gave the Exodus torpedo a "Humidor Selection" and 92 rating...so it must be good. :D

It would be illegal to import into the US a cigar with a true Habanos wrapper on it. That is why cigars from other countries do not use a puro wrapper.......They would lose a Major cigar Market.........Also Cuba bearly has enough wrappers to supply there own cigars let alone export them..........