• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Cojonu 2003/2006

wtrfwler1

Can someone tell me the difference between these two cigars, besides the size difference. I’m assuming that the 2003 was introduced in 03 and the 2006 in 06. Are they both the same strength wise? Also, in your opinion which is the better of the two.

I have smoked the Regios as well as the J21 and have some Noellas on the way ,and I am leaning towards one of these next time I buy some Tats.

Robby

Robby, to my knowledge and what I've researched, they are the same blend.

The Cojonu 2003 and 2006 are simply the release years and do not denote when the cigar was rolled. Tatuaje plans on doing this every three years (2009 will be the next and I assume another vitola).

I'd be happy to know if there is any other difference myself though.

Here's some stellar info on Tats courtesy of Moki (vitolas.net)

Tat info

Let me just say i've had 2 06's the past 2 days and i know its not an ansewr to the question, however i feel like i must say, it was a great smoke.

I agree they pretty much seem the same blend wise to my untrained palette. That being said, the 03 is definately a go to smoke.

I think the '03 is much better than the '06...IMHO!

-Fetter

Robby, to my knowledge and what I've researched, they are the same blend.

The Cojonu 2003 and 2006 are simply the release years and do not denote when the cigar was rolled. Tatuaje plans on doing this every three years (2009 will be the next and I assume another vitola).

I'd be happy to know if there is any other difference myself though.

Here's some stellar info on Tats courtesy of Moki (vitolas.net)

Tat info

Wyatt, you hit the nail on the head with the year of release.............it makes me drool when I think of the 2003 or the 2006:love: I have heard that the 2006 is "stronger" than the 2003 but I have not noticed it as it's like eating some flaming hot food and tastebuds go numb! :thumbs:

I am also seeing people prefer the '03 to the '06, but why?
I have smoked a couple boxes worth of the '03 and they are just better, more refined, more subtle and elegant but in you face changes... I have only had a few of the '06 and really will always grab an '03 if I have the choice between the two.

-Fetter

I have smoked a couple boxes worth of the '03 and they are just better, more refined, more subtle and elegant but in you face changes... I have only had a few of the '06 and really will always grab an '03 if I have the choice between the two.

-Fetter

Thanks Fetter, that's kind of what I was looking for, and it looks like the 03 are the favorites of the two.

-Fetter

Thanks Fetter, that's kind of what I was looking for, and it looks like the 03 are the favorites of the two.

No problem, Robby. That is what my extensive and in-depth knowledge of all-that-is-cigars will get you... :sign:

Kidding...but I am glad to give my opinion. If there are any other questions about Tat's...let me know.

-Fetter

I prefer the '03 over the '06 as well, but not by much.

The '03 seems to be a bit smoother and refined than the '06, but I think it's just a factor of down-time.

I would never turn down either though, and always keep them on hand.

Maybe age?
ding! ding! ding! We have a winner folks!
I would agree, having had several of both, the '03's have a more refined taste to them. The '06's taste good, but you can tell are young.

Well, you can get some young 2003's as well... they are still making them. The band doesn't mean when the cigars were made, but rather when the vitola was introduced. There will be another Cojonu vitola introduced in 2009, 2012, etc.

I think any taste difference is most likely due to the vitola... Pete says the blend is pretty close to the same.

Well, you can get some young 2003's as well... they are still making them. The band doesn't mean when the cigars were made, but rather when the vitola was introduced. There will be another Cojonu vitola introduced in 2009, 2012, etc.

I think any taste difference is most likely due to the vitola... Pete says the blend is pretty close to the same.

Yeah, that's why I'm not buying the age thing. Cojonu 2003 and Cojonu 2006 is simply the year of the release of the vitola and does not denote when it was rolled. It's very possible to have 2006's in your humi that are older than the 2003's.

Chances are, that if you like one or the other that much better, then it's because the vitola and the way it's rolled, and the amount of smoke that comes out. I'm not saying there isn't a taste difference, Belicoso's do in fact taste different to me than Toro's or Robusto's, but I don't think it has to do with age.

I wonder what vitola they'll come out with in 09', maybe a lancero? hehe

Good conversation here though on this. :thumbs: