• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Things born of boredom...

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
Well, I had a bottle of this sitting in the back of the fridge. And, due to an oversight on my part, I was out of 'regular' beer. The wife was out, I was watching the son, so I couldn't run out and restock. So... what better time than the present to open it up? I'm no beer collector like some of the regulars in this forum. I just picked it up because it was there.

So, I fill my glass. REAL dark. By the time I put the bottle down, and the glass is starting to settle, it looks like I poured myself a glass of Coke. Tasted good enough, I guess, but it's not my normal cup of tea. Like I said before, I'm no beer whore, so don't ask me to pick out nuances and whatnot. I can hardly do that with my cigars.

I sit down with my son to watch The Grinch on TiVO, and he asks for some ice cream. I head to the freezer, dish him out a bowl, and realize there's only about a scoop left after he gets his. That's when the lightbulb hits...

100_1383.jpg

Yup... Ice cream float time. I have about a half a glass of beer left, one scoop of Eggnog Ice Cream. My CP brethren will surely appreciate this. Right??

100_1384.jpg

I let it sit for a minute for the 'flavors to marry' and go to work. Hmmmm.... nothing really going on here... tastes just like it did before, except foamier. So, I grab my spoon, mix it together a little more and...

100_1385.jpg

Not disgusting. There is a definite mixing of the flavors. But, being a pitch black IPA, it's not what you would expect when someone says they mixed beer and ice cream. However, the folks at CP won't appreciate this unless I really dig in...

100_1387.jpg

So, I went in with my spoon to get a good mix of the ice cream and beer. Again, it wasn't terrible. It tastes just like I mixed the beer with some egg nog. Yeah, it may sound horrible, but it was not.

Would I do it again? Probably not. But, if I owned a bar in Manhattan, without a doubt I could get $20 a pop for this festive holiday treat served in some fancy ass glass.

Hope you enjoyed the review as much as I enjoyed doing it.

You have angered the beer gods. Watch your back!!

Ice cream and beer sounds pretty good, honestly. Probably Guinness or Murphys, though. :)

Never reply to any post of mine until you apologize to beer drinkers everywhere.

I like a Guinness Float, but the Stone XI?. I've never had it, but Yard House makes a float with Lindeman's Framboise.
I've also made a Guinness milk shake. Sounds strange, but it is really pretty tasty.

:laugh: Now that is funny, but you have way to much time on your hands.

Awesome 'review' Tom, I really enjoyed the excellent pics.
Thanks,
Rob

Nice pics! And now I want one lol :thumbs:

*edit* Aventinus what type of ice cream with the Guinness?

:laugh: Thats awesome :thumbs:

T36..

Like your mom told you when she caught you...

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

:sign: :laugh:

Nice (but different review bro)
Thanks

An ice cream/ beer float is not bad, but using egg nog ice cream? No way!!
I've also made a Guinness milk shake
At the Homebrewers Conference a few years ago, somebody had a soft serve ice cream machine and he was serving Guinness ice cream, that was pretty darned good!!

Don't think i'm young enough to appreciate this concoction, beer is just like coffee, straight up. :cool:

I'd have to be pretty stoned to pull that one off Tom!

You have angered the beer gods. Watch your back!!

Ice cream and beer sounds pretty good, honestly. Probably Guinness or Murphys, though. :)

'Beer Gods' hell! I'm sure the Ice Cream Gods will have a few things to say about this.

I've done beer in cereal, but never ice cream.

* edited to add

Damn it! I didn't notice the original post date until it was too late.

In corporate USA, this is called thinking outside the box. Anywhere else, this is called something else entirely.