• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie G Belicoso Maduro

Rod

Administrator
Staff member

Serie G is a medium body blend made with Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. The unique flavor notes of this wrapper are complimented by the natural richness of Nicaraguan Habano fillers.

Blending Notes: Medium body with notes of cedar and coffee

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Cuban-Seed Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan Habano
Vitolas: 6 Maduro

Smoked the Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicoso this evening. Construction was very nice. I snipped off the tip about 1/8" and the draw was perfect. Not too tight, not too loose. The cigar lit very easily, did not have to touch it up at all throughout the smoke. Burn was excellent. Had a nice solid white/gray ash all the way through. The first quarter of the cigar had a lot of pure black liquorish taste to it. Ever chew on a wooden liquorish stick? That's what this reminded me of. Seeing as though I love liquorish, I really enjoyed this cigar. The more I smoked the cigar, the flavor began to change to more of a cocoa taste. I would say the three primary flavors I pulled from this cigar are liquorish, cocoa and a hint of coffee bean. The smoke smelled semi-sweet, kind of like merlot.

You get a lot of bang for your buck with this cigar. I really enjoyed it, thinking about buying a box to have on hand. I would say it was a medium-light cigar, definitely not overpowering at all, but enough flavor to make it worth while. I would be interested if anyone else picks up the liquorish taste as much as I did.

If you like Cameroon try the normal Series G.

One of my favorite cigars at the moment.

I prefer the Special 'G' (3.7" x 48) size

Nice review Rod, and I agree 100% having had the Maduro as well, but IMO the Cameroon is better.

Both are great cigars for the price, in fact the entire Oliva line is good, I haven't had a bad one yet. :thumbs:

Nice review Rod.

Liquorish ??? Never tasted that in a cigar, never heard about anyone tasting that.

Brian

Nice review Rod.

Liquorish ??? Never tasted that in a cigar, never heard about anyone tasting that.

Brian

Hey Brian, it seems in a lot of Magazine reviews (ECCJ for one) there are cigars reported to have either a licorice or anise taste to them.

I personally have tasted it in a few cigars before, one being the Flor de Copan Linea Puros. Trust me the first time you get that taste you'll recognize it.

How does this compare to the Serie O maduro? This description on the site was of minimal help. The Serie G line is all box pressed right?

Nice review Rod.

Brian

Hey Brian, it seems in a lot of Magazine reviews (ECCJ for one) there are cigars reported to have either a licorice or anise taste to them.

I personally have tasted it in a few cigars before, one being the Flor de Copan Linea Puros. Trust me the first time you get that taste you'll recognize it.

You're not kidding! This was the first time I ever tasted anise/liquorish in a cigar before, but it really jumped out at me, especially when I exhaled through my nose (to get the full taste of the cigar).

Marco - I smoked a Serie O awhile back (I think I even did a review), can't remember how it smoked. In any case, yes the Serie G are box pressed. Nice little smoke.

Interesting review. I like your format Rod, informative but short and to the point. That liquorish, like others have said, has got me interested. I'll pick one of these up at the next B&M I'm in that has them. Thanks for the review.

If you like Cameroon try the normal Series G.

One of my favorite cigars at the moment.

I prefer the Special 'G' (3.7" x 48) size

Nice review Rod, and I agree 100% having had the Maduro as well, but IMO the Cameroon is better.

Both are great cigars for the price, in fact the entire Oliva line is good, I haven't had a bad one yet. :thumbs:
Shawn, I have no doubt I'll recognize the taste immediately but maybe I don't want to ???

Brian

I have a box of the Serie G Cameroon from last year, same size. Fantastic smoke, and CHEAP! Nice review! The flavor profile on the cameroons are a bit different though, from what I remember.