• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Pepin Cigar for Ashton

leafandale

Retalier
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in previous threads, but Don Pepin Garcia is making another new cigar for Ashton.

I have not always been a huge fan of Ashton's La Aroma de Cuba line (except for the tubos). At this year's IPCPR show, they will unveil a La Aroma de Cuba line extension called Edicion Especial. It is made in Nicaragua by Pepin and will have a bit higher price point than the original LADC. I hear they will retail in the 7-9 dollar range, which is typical for a DPG cigar. I don't have any particulars on blend and wrapper, but will post as soon as I do.

I can't wait to try the samples, and we have already placed our order for all five sizes.

Anyone else have any thoughts on La Aroma de Cuba or the new Pepin version? I don't think this will be the last cigar that Pepin will make for Ashton.

To be perfectly honest, I am just not excited about this. Holts and Ashton Pepin Garcia offerings have left me very disappointed.

Come on Monk, the Benchmade is not that bad....

Only had one of those which was pretty bad, but it could have been a fluke. I'll give them another try, I have had plenty of San Cristobal, Old Henry, Connoisseur, & Casa Royale. I'll wait a year before trying them again. For 50-60 a box, I'd buy them.

You got a pretty good palate Monk, but for $3, I think you should give the Bemchmade another whirl. Must of been a bad stick....

I'm actually a fan of La Aroma de Cuba. It's one of a few Honduran sticks that I enjoy. Having them teamed up with Pepin sounds interesting. I look forward to trying a couple of these.

I love the Benchmades. And speaking of trying again - I love everything DPG, except a particular one, which I'll have to force to myself try again because nearly everyone here and on other forums seem to love them. I thought it was terrible and I was really looking forward to smoking it when I did.