• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Devil's Weed Review

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I'd first like to thank Mr. Luis Molina for sending me these cigars to smoke and review. Mr. Molina you have a top-notch product and I can not wait to see where you go in regards to the Devil's Weed brand.

I received a three pack in the mail with RALEIGH (Robusto) printed on the side of the box.

To say that the packaging is unique would be an understatement, simple in design but a classy presentation at the same time.

gallery_2283_808_96920.jpg
gallery_2283_808_29773.jpg

Opening the box revealed 3 cigars that after measuring I think aren't the RALEIGH (Robusto) size at all but after looking at the Devil's Weed Website are the NICOT (Corona Gorda) size instead. This being a sampler pack that Mr. Molina personally packed and sent to me I think he just might have grabbed the wrong box when he put them together. And not a big deal in any case.

gallery_2283_808_5334.jpg

The cigar is a work of art, if someone was to hand me one of these unbanded I'd think I was holding an AVO LE08 in my hands, silky smooth wrapper with no noticeable blemishes and well rolled with no soft spots.

gallery_2283_808_1375.jpg

Chock full of tobacco, but still have a great draw, I'm happy to report that I didn't need my Henry Cigar tools for any of the Devil's Weeds I smoked. Prelight taste of the wrapper was very bitter. This wasn't unpleasant but not what I was expecting to say the least.

gallery_2283_808_43614.jpg

The bitter taste is only the wrapper, and as it becomes moist from contact with the smoker's lips goes away. The remaining flavors is a heady floral taste and good tobacco. More Mild than Medium it still kept my attention during the entire 1 hour and 20 min smoking session due to it being a very favorable cigar.

gallery_2283_808_47380.jpg

The ash was fine and flaky and dropped off at any provocation whether it be a flick of the wrist or a slight breeze. Not a cigar for a windy day unless you wear safety glasses ;)

gallery_2283_808_38378.jpg

In closing I liked this cigar so much that I lit a second one up a short while after I smoked the first. Please give them a try, I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised! Good coffee and croissant cigar!

Highly Recommended!

*edit* to put the first two pictures side by side :)

Awesome I have wanted to try these for a bit thanks for the review. now I just need to find a store in PacNW that sells them so I can get a few to try rp

Thanks for the review, Wurm. I've been , and thoroughly enjoying, the Raleigh (Robusto).
I've wondered if the Corona Gorda would taste a good as the Robusto.
This gives me a little more confidence on a buy.

I've gone through about a box and a half of Robusto, and have to say that they have all smoked flawlessly.
All that with no mention of the "god like" rollers in any advertising I've seen.

I have pondered getting these to try, thanks for helping me make up my mind with this review, thanks.

Sam

Great review. I feel the same way with respect to the construction and quality of the tobacco. Very good morning smoke with coffee.

Nice review and pictures, these look yummy, where are they available?

I have one of these sitting in one of the humis. Gonna have to get it out and give it a try, thanks for the great review!

I received my first one of these in a recent PIF. Always nice to have a review before I jump in.
Will add comments after I fire it up ...

... maybe later during the tropical storm ...

Nice work ... thanx.