• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stocking up on popular cigars

SPIVY

THE STIG
Guys/ Gals,
I am relatively new to the cigar world and I am wondering if it is similar to how the wine world works, where people stock up on the highest rated and prized wines. The issue with the wine world is when resale comes to play. I def have some rare wines in my "cellar" that maybe I would sell one day. My question is do people buy some cigars for resale? I'm talking the Opus, Anejos, Sublimes...Stuff that people rave about. I see marketing coming into the equation more and more.

Cheers
Ed

Speaking from personal experience, I don't buy cigars merely for the resale value, I buy them to enjoy them. I know that some cigars' value increases as they are aged, but if you sell them on a website like CigarPass, you won't gain any markup revenue for age/rarity. Here we buy and sell cigars at MSRP. So, if you have a cigar you purchased in 05' for $13 USD, and resell it here, you'll get $13 for it.

Most of the people on here look at cigars as a hobby/lifestyle, rather than a business venture. Just my 0.02 cents. Good luck.

I don't plan on selling them, I and just intrigued because I see similar characteristic with the wine world.

Speaking from personal experience, I don't buy cigars merely for the resale value, I buy them to enjoy them. I know that some cigars' value increases as they are aged, but if you sell them on a website like CigarPass, you won't gain any markup revenue for age/rarity. Here we buy and sell cigars at MSRP. So, if you have a cigar you purchased in 05' for $13 USD, and resell it here, you'll get $13 for it.

Most of the people on here look at cigars as a hobby/lifestyle, rather than a business venture. Just my 0.02 cents. Good luck.

x2

We think highly of the term Brother Of The Leaf here. Some may buy cigars and resell them here, but at thier cost. If you are buying for investment purposes, CigarPass is not the place to sell.

Buy cigars that are popular here. You will need to read up on that. Then find what people are selling them for in the B/S/T thread.

Buy them at a reasonable price, and smoke them.
If you end up not liking them, you can resell them and get most of your money back.

This is only true if the bills are 05 production (age for age, rarity for rarity etc) otherwise you should be getting more $

This is only true if the bills are 05 production (age for age, rarity for rarity etc) otherwise you should be getting more $

I am seriously worried about you Phillip. Your paranoia and obsessive compulsive behavior is scaring Evan and I... :laugh:

Well said!

I would just add... smoke your best, most expensive smokes first, that way when you die they will say, "HE LIVED"

Brian

Well said!

I would just add... smoke your best, most expensive smokes first, that way when you die they will say, "HE LIVED"

Brian

X2 just buy what you like and enjoy yourself and what you want to collect for yourself. It is nice to have a few hard to get smokes in your humi but not for re-sale but for your own consumption on a special occasion.

Sam

I never have viewed any of my cigar purchases as investments - I plan to smoke every last one of them. I guess it is nice that some cigars will increase in value, but I don't think I will ever sell any of them.

I plan to smoke all of my cigars eventually or to give some away. I also like to get some rarer cigars to share with my friends. That's always enjoyable. :)