• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nassau Bahamas What to Look for

Bradleyscott

Podcast Producer
I'm in Nassau Bahamas and would like to take advantage of being outside the US when it comes to finding some nice Cubans. I read another post about Atlantis and being authentic Cuban Cigars, but have not seen any topics about the rest of Nassau and what to look for.

I've been a Cigar smoker for around 13 years, but have never truly had many Cubans so I am not sure what I should be looking for when it comes to the Cigars, especially if I am the one shopping for them.

I see a lot of Monte Cristo, Romeo, Cohiba, etc but how would I know if they are authentic or not, especially if I am just planning on buying a box, just a few to enjoy while here?

In Nassau itself, the only place I would trust and have been to personally is John Bull on Bay Street. I think there are a couple more high-end cigar shops on Bay Street as well, but definitely stay away from the gift shops that advertise they have "authentic" Cuban cigars. I can't remember the pricing at JB, but I'm pretty sure it is expensive; still cheaper than the shop at Atlantis though.

I would add just say no to anyone who is actually trying to sell them to you. You got to Cubans, they don't come to you.

Yeah already had one person here at the resort try ti stuff some in my hand. I turned her down. I saw some of the glass tops at the gift shops and someone else was standing by me and said they were too cheap he didn't trust them and walked on. Then several others immediately shelled out some cash. I walked on.

I did see John Bull, but I didn't stop in.

What do you generally say a reputable dealer would sell them for? Most I saw were in the $10-$13 range, but would sell them off at 10% - 30% cheaper depending on how many you bought. (I was looking mainly at the Romeo's and Monte Cristo's).

Also any suggestions you might have for a good smoke?

I can tell you the smoke shop in the Atlantis had a great selection, but the pricing was insane. I was there a couple of months ago and a coro was $35.00. Party P2 $32.00, and Cohiba Mill. $150.00.

Pay a visit to The Graycliff Hotel

Graycliff

Great atmosphere, great smokes, and ask about the daily drink specials. I am sure whoever is working can point you in the right direction for some "island" smokes.

I was in Mexico and I got ripped lol wish I had been on this forum before I went but luckily I didn't buy alot. But I did go to a dealer and bought a few they ran about 20 something for the Cohiba's . Also got a few packs of cigarettes that are Cohiba and Romeo Y Juliet .

You could look around for one of these....linky!

The states can be a little more nice!

Look for an LCDH! (Atlantis Resort??)

Sorry been a busy/relaxing past couple of days. I am headed to Atlantis tonight (pretty much the area where the Cruise Ships dock, hence price is a bit more). Just caught your links... yeah mon I seen a couple like dat here. I'm sure I could find a few more like the States if I came back here for Spring Break.

Thanks for the advice guys, I have seen a few people get taken here already, one got 3 "Cubans" for $20 and I asked him if he had a cutter and he told me "no, mine already had a hole in it"...

I am probably going downtown tomorrow to John Bull to grab a few for the road.

Ditto on the Graycliff factory/hotel. I stopped there a few years ago, it was really nice. I walked into the "factory" and after a little bit someone finally came over to see what I wanted. I asked about tours and they said, "Well, feel free to look around. If you have any questions come find me"!