• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maxx by Alec Bradley The Fix

kblair3d

When I originally ordered this cigar I thought the gauge was a larger size than intended, however this 40 min stick packs a punch! :cool: Great burn ash holds well and construction was consistent through-out. Eat hearty have a merlot and this cigar is primo after dinner

Welcome to CP.
Why don't you post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.
This place is a unique brotherhood and we are all connected and take care of each other.

When I originally ordered this cigar I thought the gauge was a larger size than intended, however this 40 min stick packs a punch! :cool: Great burn ash holds well and construction was consistent through-out. Eat hearty have a merlot and this cigar is primo after dinner

I absolutely love the Tempus by Alec Bradley, so I figured I'd give one of these "MAXX" cigars a try (mine was the "culture" size). To my inexperienced palette, it seemed like a decent smoke. The burn was a bit faster than I expected given the size (less than an hour). However, that's fine, because by the end of it, I was starting to get a bit light-headed. The ash was consistent and predominantly white, but didn't hold well and would fall after about 1/4" or so. Burn was also even with no running or anything like that. I know nearly nothing about cigars reviewing, but I tasted a bit of cocoa through the first 2/3 which faded by the end. Not much more than that unfortunately, but this could be my inexperience. I will say that I was hoping for a bit more spice. I like a cigar with a little more bite than this, but this is up there with some of the more decent smokes I've tried.

I'll probably try this one again once I get more familiar with the complexities of Cigars, but it will be much later. So far the Tempus is still my favorite AB.